HackerRank for Work generates Tests based on the selected role. For roles created by HackerRank, recruiters can easily generate Tests by including skill-mapped questions from the HackerRank Library.
You can refer to this article to know more about Roles Management.
You can follow the below workflows to create a test based on a specific role.
You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
Follow the below steps to create a Test on a specific HackerRank Role.
1. Navigate to Tests. Click Create Test.
A new window opens that allows users to select a particular role on which they want to generate the test.
2. You can hover your mouse on the Roles list to check the skills mapped with the particular role.
3. Select the required role from the Select a New Role dropdown.
3. Select the Predesigned Test radio button and click the Create Test button.
Generate Predesigned Test
On clicking Create Test, a new Test is generated, and the Questions page lists the HackerRank Library Questions which are automatically added to the Test. These Questions are relevant to the skills that are mapped to the selected role.
You can view the number of Questions added, their type, the recommended time for solving each question, and the points gathered for correct answers.
The right-hand panel displays the list of roles that are available on HackerRank.
Click on a Question to view the complete description of the problem.
4. You can also add questions from the library to the predesigned test or remove already added questions from the test.
To add additional Questions to the Test, click the Plus sign at the bottom left corner, and select Add from Library.
On clicking Add from Library, the Library page is displayed. The Hackerrank questions category lists all the readymade Questions from the HackerRank library. My company questions list all the Questions created by you or other Recruiters in your HackerRank Team.
5. To add Question(s), click the relevant Plus sign in the right corner.
6. Click Go to test. The Questions added to the Test are listed on the page.
7. If you do not find any relevant questions in the library, HackerRank for Work gives you the flexibility to add your own Questions. To create new Questions and add to the Test, click the Plus sign at the bottom left side corner, and select Create question.
Refer to Create a New Question for more information on creating different types of Questions for Tests.
8. After adding the required Questions to the Test, to view a Question in detail, click the Question title. Alternatively, you can also click View to see the complete Question description.
9. Click the Insights button to view statistical data on the usage of a Question. The Insights give useful information such as the number of times the question has been attempted, median attempt time for the question, and median attempt time for the full score.
10. You can also organize the Questions in your Test under various logical categories called Sections. Click the Plus sign, and select Create section. Refer to Section Based Testing for more information about organizing your Questions within Sections in your Test.
11. Before publishing the Test, it is recommended that you validate the Test. Refer to Sharing a Test for Benchmarking for more information.
Note: You do not need to save this Test. All the Questions that you added to this Test are auto-saved.
Get back to the Test tab to access your newly created test on a specific role.
You can also create a Test specific to a Role from the Roles Dashboard.
1. Log into your HackerRank for Work account and click on Roles Management from the top left menu.
2. The Roles Management page lists all the Roles that are available on the HackerRank for Work platform.
3. You can use the search option to search for the specific role for which you want to create the test. The skills that are mapped to the specific Role are displayed below the Role.
4. Click on the vertical ellipsis beside the role and click on Create Test option.
5. On clicking the Create Test button, the Test Creation window pops up with the specific Role automatically selected from the dropdown.