HackerRank for Work generates Tests based on the selected job Role. For specific predefined Roles available in HackerRank, Recruiters can automatically generate Tests by including readymade Questions from the HackerRank Library. Alternatively, you can generate Tests for custom Roles by adding Questions from the HackerRank Library or your company library.
The HackerRank Library is a rich repository of readymade Questions categorised across multiple programming languages. The Library Questions are bundled together to help assess the Candidates’ skills relevant for each Role.
You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
Let us take look at the steps for generating a Test based on a HackerRank Role.
1. Navigate to Tests. Click Create Test.
The Create a New Test window is displayed.
2. In the What Role is this Test For? field, select the job Role for which you want to generate a Test.
3. From the Work Experience list, select the required experience level of the Candidates.
4. Specify a Test name and the Test duration. By default, the optimum Test duration is set to 90 minutes.
5. Provide an optional link to a website or page where Candidates can refer the detailed job description.
6. The Predefined Test option is selected by default. Click Create Test.
A new Test is generated, and the Questions page lists the HackerRank Library Questions which are automatically added to the Test. These Questions are relevant to assess the Candidates’ skills for the selected Role and work experience level.
You can view the number of Questions added, their type, level of complexity and the points gathered for correct answers. Click on a Question to view the complete description of the problem.
7. To add additional Questions to the Test, click the Plus sign at the bottom left corner, and select Add from Library.
The Library page is displayed. The Hackerrank questions category lists all the readymade Questions from the HackerRank library. The My company questions lists all the Questions created by you or other Recruiters in your HackerRank Team.
8. To add Question(s), click the relevant Plus sign in the right corner.
9. Click Go to test. The Questions added to the Test are listed in the page.
10. If you do not find any relevant questions in the library, HackerRank for Work gives you the flexibility to add your own Questions. To create new Questions and add to the Test, click the Plus sign at the bottom left side corner, and select Create question.
Refer: Create a New Question for more information about creating different types of Questions for Tests.
11. After adding the required Questions to the Test, to view a Question in detail, click the Question title. Alternatively, you can also click View to see the complete Question description.
12. Click Insights button to view statistical data on the usage of a Question. The Insights give useful information such as the number of times question has been attempted, median attempt time for the question, and median attempt time for the full score.
13. You can also organize the Questions in your Test under various logical categories called Sections. Click the Plus sign, and select Create section. Refer: Section Based Testing for more information about organising your Questions within Sections in your Test.
14. Before publishing the Test, it is recommended that you validate the Test. Refer Sharing a Test for Benchmarking for more information.
Note: You do not need to save this Test. All the Questions that you added to this Test are auto-saved.
The Role base Test is created and listed in the Tests home page.