HackerRank for Work generates Tests based on the selected role. For roles created by HackerRank, recruiters can easily generate Tests by including skill-mapped questions from the HackerRank Library.
You can refer to this article to know more about Roles and Skills.
You can follow the below workflows to create a test based on a specific role.
Create a Test from the Test Dashboard
Follow the below steps to create a Test on a specific role.
- On the Test tab, click on the Create Test button.
- The test creation wizard that opens, allows users to select a particular role on which they want to generate the test.
- You can hover your mouse on the Roles list to check the skills mapped with the particular role.
- You can either type the role you are looking for in the Search Role dropdown or scroll down and select it from the list.
- Once you select the required role, the skills associated with that role get displayed below it. Click on the Create Test button to create a test based on the selected role.
Generate Predesigned Test
- On clicking Create Test, a new Test is generated, and the Questions page lists the HackerRank Library Questions which are automatically added to the Test. These Questions are relevant to the skills that are mapped to the selected role.
- You can view the number of Questions added, their type, the recommended time for solving each question, skills mapped to those questions, and the scores allocated to them.
HackerRank library questions added to the test
- From the Actions column, you can either try a question or remove it if you want.
- The right-hand panel displays the selected role on which you are creating the question and the skills that are mapped to it.
- Click on the info icon beside each skill to read the skill definition.
- You can click on the Add More option to add more questions from the library on a particular skill.
Add more option
- Once you click on the Add More option, the question library will open and list only those questions that are mapped to the selected skill. You can either select questions from here or click on the Go Back to Test button from the top right corner and get back to the test creation page.
Add more questions on a selected skill
- You can also add questions to the predesigned test by clicking on the Plus + icon at the bottom left corner of the screen and selecting the Add from Library option.
- On clicking the Add from Library option, the Library page is displayed. By default, the questions are filtered according to the skills that are mapped to the role on which you are creating the test.
- The Hackerrank Questions category lists all the readymade Questions from the HackerRank library. My company questions list all the Questions created by you or other Recruiters in your HackerRank Team.
- To add Question(s), click on the Plus sign in the right corner.
- If you do not find any relevant questions in the library, HackerRank for Work gives you the flexibility to add your own Questions. To create new Questions and add to the Test, click the Plus sign at the bottom left side corner, and select Create question.
- Refer to the Create a New Question article for more information on creating different types of Questions for Tests.
Create a new Question
- After adding the required Questions to the Test, to view a Question in detail, click the Question title. Alternatively, you can also click on the View option to see the complete Question description.
- Click on the Insights button to view statistical data on the usage of a Question. The Insights give useful information such as the number of times the question has been attempted, median attempt time for the question, and median attempt time for the full score.
- You can also organize the Questions in your Test under various logical categories called Sections. Click on the Plus sign, and select the Create section option. Refer to the Section Based Testing for more information about organizing your Questions within Sections in your Test.
- Before publishing the Test, it is recommended that you validate the Test. Refer to Sharing a Test for Benchmarking for more information.
Note: You do not need to save this Test. All the Questions that you added to this Test are auto-saved.
Get back to the Tests tab to access your newly created test on a specific role.
Test created by you in Tests tab
You can also create a Test specific to a Role from the Roles Dashboard.
- Log in to your HackerRank for Work account and click on the Roles Management option from the top-right menu.
- The Roles Management page lists all the Roles that are available on the HackerRank for Work platform.
- You can use the search option to search for the specific role for which you want to create the test. The skills that are mapped to the specific Role are displayed below the Role.
Using the Search bar
- Click on the vertical ellipsis beside the role and click on the Create Test option. Remember that you can create a test only from those roles that are published.
Creating a Test
- On clicking the Create Test button, the Test Creation window pops up with the specific Role automatically selected from the dropdown.
Selecting a role
- From here, follow the same workflow as mentioned above to create a test based on the selected role.