HackerRank for Work generates Tests based on the selected job Role. For specific predefined Roles available in HackerRank, Recruiters can automatically generate Tests by including readymade Questions from the HackerRank Library. Alternatively, you can generate Tests for custom Roles by adding Questions from the HackerRank Library or your company library.
The HackerRank Library is a rich repository of readymade Questions categorized across multiple programming languages. The Library Questions are bundled together to help assess the Candidates’ skills relevant for each Role.
You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
Let us take look at the steps for generating a Test based on a HackerRank Role.
1. Navigate to Tests. Click Create Test.
A new window opens that allows users to select a particular role on which they want to generate the test.
2. Select the required role from the Select a New Role dropdown.
3. Select the Predesigned Test radio button and click the Create Test button.
Generate Predesigned Test
On clicking Create Test, a new Test is generated, and the Questions page lists the HackerRank Library Questions which are automatically added to the Test. These Questions are relevant to assess the Candidates’ skills for the selected Role and work experience level.
You can view the number of Questions added, their type, the recommended time for solving each question, level of difficulty and the points gathered for correct answers.
Click on a Question to view the complete description of the problem.
4. You can also add questions from the library to the predesigned test or remove already added questions from the test.
To add additional Questions to the Test, click the Plus sign at the bottom left corner, and select Add from Library.
On clicking Add from Library, the Library page is displayed. The Hackerrank questions category lists all the readymade Questions from the HackerRank library. My company questions list all the Questions created by you or other Recruiters in your HackerRank Team.
5. To add Question(s), click the relevant Plus sign in the right corner.
6. Click Go to test. The Questions added to the Test are listed on the page.
7. If you do not find any relevant questions in the library, HackerRank for Work gives you the flexibility to add your own Questions. To create new Questions and add to the Test, click the Plus sign at the bottom left side corner, and select Create question.
Refer: Create a New Question for more information about creating different types of Questions for Tests.
8. After adding the required Questions to the Test, to view a Question in detail, click the Question title. Alternatively, you can also click View to see the complete Question description.
9. Click the Insights button to view statistical data on the usage of a Question. The Insights give useful information such as the number of times the question has been attempted, median attempt time for the question, and median attempt time for the full score.
10. You can also organize the Questions in your Test under various logical categories called Sections. Click the Plus sign, and select Create section. Refer to Section Based Testing for more information about organizing your Questions within Sections in your Test.
11. Before publishing the Test, it is recommended that you validate the Test. Refer Sharing a Test for Benchmarking for more information.
Note: You do not need to save this Test. All the Questions that you added to this Test are auto-saved.
Get back to the Test tab to access your newly created test on a specific role.