The HackerRank Library is a repository of all the questions that can be used to create Tests. The Library contains a collection of readymade Questions of various types and complexities, which are categorized across multiple programming languages. The HackerRank Team has bundled these Questions together, which you can use to build Tests and assess your Candidates' skills relevant for specific job Roles.
Additionally, for custom requirements, you can create new Questions in HackerRank and store them in a personal section called 'My Company questions' within the Library. You can manage your Questions and use Questions created by other HackerRank Team members.
Navigating through the HackerRank Library
Click on the Library tab on the HackerRank for Work home page. You can view the following three main sections:
- HackerRank questions is the repository of all the readymade Questions created by HackerRank. The numerous variety of Questions available in this section allows you to quickly and easily generate Tests by directly adding the relevant Questions.
- My Company questions comprise all the questions you and other members of your HackerRank Team created. When you create new Questions, they will be listed under the My Company questions list.
- Archived questions comprise all the Company Questions that have been archived. There is also an option to restore an archived Question.
The 'My Company' and 'Archived' Questions can be further classified and viewed as described below:
|My Company questions||Archived questions|
|All Questions||Lists all the Questions that have been created by you and your HackerRank Team members.||Lists all the Questions that have been created and archived by you and your HackerRank Team members. From this list, you can only restore your Questions.|
|My Questions||Lists all the Questions created by you. You can edit these Questions as per your requirements.||Lists all the Questions created and archived by you. You can restore the Questions from this list.|
|Shared with me||Lists all Questions that have been created by your HackerRank Team members. These Questions will always be available in this Library for future reference irrespective of any personnel changes in your organization.||Lists all the Questions created and archived by your HackerRank Team members. You cannot restore the Questions from this list.|
Note: You can only archive and restore the Questions which you have created.
Searching and Adding Questions
1. You can navigate through the Library Questions by selecting the HackerRank questions, My Company questions, or the Archived questions sections.
2. In the left pane, you can search for a particular Question based on the following filters:
- Keyword - Specify a search string in this field.
- Skills - This filter lets you select the questions based on your skill requirements
- Difficulty - You can search based on the Question complexity levels: Easy, Medium or Hard.
- Type - Select the Question type. For example, a question for which the answer involves writing code or an algorithm is classified as a Coding type Question.
- Recommended Time - Using this filter, you can select the questions based on your time preference.
- Owner - This category is available for the My Company questions and the Archived questions sections and is explained in the previous section.
- Tags - Lists all the Tags attached to the Questions in that particular Library section. You can filter the Questions by selecting the appropriate Tag(s). The Tags filter is available under the HackerRank questions, and the My Company questions sections.
- Languages - Lists the Programming Languages associated with Questions in that particular Library section. You can filter the Questions by selecting the appropriate Programming Language(s).
- Other Filters - This includes the 'Hide Leaked Questions' option. Select this option to exclude Questions for which the solution is available on the Internet, and such Questions will not be listed. Refer to the Checking for leaked questions on HackerRank for Work article for more information.
3. In the left pane, click on the hamburger icon to view or hide the search filters.
4. Click on the title of a Question to view the complete problem description.
5. Hover your mouse over a Question, and you will see the Insights option on the right side. Click on the Insights option to view statistical data on the usage of a Question. The Insights give useful information such as the number of times the question has been attempted, median attempt time for the question, and median attempt time for the full score.
6. From the different Library sections, you can add Questions to a Test by clicking on the checkbox next to the question and selecting the Add to test option.
7. The Add to.. window displays. Select the Test for which you want to add the question. The question will be included in the selected Test.
8. In the My Company questions section, hover your mouse over a question, and click on the Edit option to modify a Question. You can only modify the questions you or your HackerRank Team members created. Refer to the Edit a Question article for more information.
Archiving and Restoring Questions
You can archive your Library Questions no longer needed.
1. Under the My Company questions section, in the Owner category, select My Questions. All Questions created by you are listed.
2. Click on the checkboxes next to the required question (s), and click on the Archive option.
3. The selected Questions will now appear under the Archived questions section.
4. You can restore your personal Library questions. Select the checkboxes next to the required question (s) and click Restore to restore the archived questions. The Questions will be restored under the 'My Company questions' section.
HackerRank for Work allows Recruiters to generate Tests according to specific hiring requirements. The HackerRank Library provides Recruiters the option to choose the relevant Questions for the hiring Tests, thereby helping to assess Candidates with the right skills and experience.