The HackerRank Library is a repository of all the Questions that can be used to create Tests. The Library contains a collection of readymade Questions of various types and complexities which are categorized across multiple programming languages. The HackerRank Team has bundled these Questions together which you can use to build Tests and assess your Candidates’ skills relevant for specific job Roles.
Additionally, for custom requirements, you can create new Questions in HackerRank and store them in a personal section called 'My Company questions' within the Library. You can manage your Questions and also use Questions created by other HackerRank Team members.
You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
Navigating through the HackerRank Library
Click Library on the HackerRank for Work home page. You can view the following three main sections:
- HackerRank questions is the repository of all the readymade Questions created by HackerRank. The numerous variety of Questions available in this section allow you to quickly and easily generate Tests by directly adding the relevant Questions.
- My Company questions comprises all the Questions created by you and other members in your HackerRank Team. When you create new Questions they will be listed under the My Company questions list.
- Archived questions comprises all the Company Questions that have been archived. There is also an option to restore an archived Question.
The 'My Company' and 'Archived' Questions can be further classified and viewed as described below:
|My Company questions||Archived questions|
|All Questions||Lists all the Questions that have been created by you and your HackerRank Team members.||Lists all the Questions that have been created and archived by you and your HackerRank Team members. From this list, you can only restore your Questions.|
|My Questions||Lists all the Questions created by you. You can edit these Questions as per your requirements.||Lists all the Questions created and archived by you. You can restore the Questions from this list.|
|Shared with me||Lists all Questions that have been created by your HackerRank Team members. These Questions will always be available in this Library for future reference irrespective of any personnel changes in your organisation.||Lists all the Questions created and archived by your HackerRank Team members. You cannot restore the Questions from this list.|
Note: You can only archive and restore the Questions which you have created.
Searching and Adding Questions
1. You can navigate through the Library Questions by selecting the HackerRank questions, My Company questions or the Archived questions sections.
2. In the left pane, you can search for a particular Question based on the following filters:
- Keyword - Specify a search string in this field.
- Skills - This filter let's you select the questions based on your skill requirements
- Difficulty - You can search based on the Question complexity levels: Easy, Medium or Hard.
- Type - Select the Question type. Example, a Question for which the answer involves writing code or algorithm, is classified as a Coding type Question.
- Recommended Time - Using this filter you can select the questions based on your time preference.
- Owner - This category is available for the My Company questions and the Archived questions sections and is explained in the previous section.
- Tags - Lists all the Tags attached to the Questions in that particular Library section. You can filter the Questions by selecting the appropriate Tag(s). The Tags filter is available under the HackerRank questions and the My Company questions sections.
- Languages - Lists the Programming Languages associated with Questions in that particular Library section. You can filter the Questions by selecting the appropriate Programming Language(s).
- Other Filters - This includes the ‘Hide Leaked Questions’ option. Select this option to exclude Questions for which the solution is available on the Internet, and such Questions will not be listed. Refer: Checking for leaked questions on HackerRank for Work for more information.
3. In the left pane, click to view or hide the search filters.
4. Click the title of a Question to view the complete problem description.
5. Hover your mouse over a Question, and you will see the Insights option on the right side. Click Insights to view statistical data on the usage of a Question. The Insights give useful information such as the number of times question has been attempted, median attempt time for the question, and median attempt time for the full score.
6. From the different Library sections, you can add Questions to a Test by clicking on the checkbox next to the Question and selecting 'Add to test'.
7. The Add to.. window displays. Select the Test for which you want to add the Question. The Question will be included in the selected Test.
8. In the My Company questions section, hover your mouse over a Question, and click Edit to modify a Question. You can only modify the Questions created by you or your HackerRank Team members. Refer: Edit a Question for more information.
Archiving and Restoring Questions
You can archive your personal Library Questions which you no longer use.
1. Under the My Company questions section, in the Owner category, select My Questions. All Questions created by you are listed.
2. Click the checkboxes next to the required Question(s), and click Archive.
3. The selected Questions will now appear under the Archived questions section.
4. You can restore your personal Library questions. To restore the archived questions, select the checkboxes next to the required Question(s) and click Restore. The Questions will be restored under the ‘My Company questions’ section.
HackerRank for Work allows Recruiters to generate Tests according to specific hiring requirements. The HackerRank Library provides Recruiters the option to choose the relevant Questions for the hiring Tests, thereby helping to assess Candidates with the right skills and experience.