Your Recruiter may enforce proctoring for your HackerRank Test. During the Test, proctoring allows your Recruiter to monitor your focus on the Test screen and detect any malpractices. To access a proctored test, your PC must have a fully functional webcam.
You can check your webcam status here before the test.
Webcam access for a Test
Before taking up a Proctored Test, you must allow HackerRank to access and enable your webcam. Once you begin the Test, the webcam captures and records periodic snapshots of your activities till the Test ends.
While assessing your Candidature, along with your Test performance your Recruiter will be able to view the webcam recorded snapshots to detect any forbidden activities during the Test.
If your HackerRank Test is proctored, you will see additional notes on the Test instructions page as shown below. You must enable webcam access to proceed with the Test.
Note: If your hiring company has enforced proctoring for your Test, you must use a webcam configured computer or laptop and use the latest versions of Firefox, Safari, or Chrome browsers to take the Test.
Webcam Troubleshooting Guide
In case your webcam is not detected by our application while attempting a test, you can follow these steps to troubleshoot your webcam and get it working again.
- You can check your webcam status here. If the camera is not detected there, it could mean a driver related issue within the Operating System. Please try to update your driver in that case.
- If you're using an external camera, plug it into another device to check if it works. If you have problems with it on several computers, the problem is with the webcam.
- Check the device connection. Unplugging and plugging the cable back in can sometimes fix the problem.
- Check the USB port. Plug something else into the USB port to rule out a faulty port.
- Make sure your webcam driver is up-to-date.
- Antivirus software can occasionally interfere with webcams. Check your antivirus settings and see if your antivirus is preventing your webcam from launching.
- Use the latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox while attempting the test.
- Restart your computer. It is an old trick that works most of the time. Restarting your computer can resolve a number of problems including an undetectable webcam.
- In case of a USB webcam, unplug the USB, restart your computer, and try plugging it back in again.
With this troubleshooting guide, we hope you can resolve your webcam issue. If you still face problems with your webcam while attempting a test, please raise a support ticket using our ticket submission form.