As part of your hiring initiatives, you may want to send Test email invites from HackerRank to a large group of Candidates. You can do so using the bulk invite feature. Define the email addresses of all your Candidates in a CSV file, upload the file to a Test invite and send the invite to all your Candidates in a single operation. Each of your Candidates will receive individual Test email invites.
Defining a CSV File used for Sending Test Invitations in Bulk
- Before you send your Test invites in a bulk operation, you must define a CSV file to include all your Candidates' email addresses. A sample CSV file is available for download from the Send Test Invites page of a Test, which you can refer to define your CSV file.
Downloading a Sample CSV file
- In your CSV file, ensure that you define and list all the Candidates' email addresses in the format suggested below:
|Email Addresses Format in the CSV File|
|To define only email addresses||
|To define names and email addresses||Evan Brown<email@example.com>, Nancy Smith<firstname.lastname@example.org>, EthanV<email@example.com>|
- Including the Candidate names along with their email addresses in the CSV file allows you to personalize each email invite by adding the Candidate name placeholder. When a Candidate receives the invite, the name placeholder automatically populates the name of the Candidate as defined in your CSV file.
Note: Only files in CSV formats are acceptable. If you have created a file with email addresses (and names) in other formats, you must save that file in the CSV format and then upload it to our platform.
Steps to Send Bulk Email Invites
- Click on the Tests tab from the HackerRank for Work homepage, and then click on the test for which you want to invite a large set of candidates to take up the test and send individual test invitations to each candidate.
- Ensure that you have designed your Test with the required Questions and settings, and also published your Test.
- Click on the Invite icon to invite Candidates.
- On the Send Test Invites page, click on the Upload CSV option.
- The Bulk Upload Candidates dialog box displays. Click on the Upload CSV button to browse and select your CSV file. Click on the Ignore all rows with errors checkbox to ensure that any email addresses of invalid format are not included in the CSV file.
Ignore all rows with errors
- The To field automatically populates with all the email addresses defined in your CSV file. If you have also defined the names of the Candidates, the To field populates the names and the email addresses.
- Define the subject and body of your Test email invite. For personalization, you can add the Candidate Name placeholder in your email message. Click on the + icon and select the Candidate Name to add the placeholder.
If you have defined the Candidate names in the CSV file and included the name placeholder in your email invite, when Candidates receive the email, the name placeholder automatically displays their respective names in the email invite.
Example: If the To address field contains the Candidate name and email address as ‘Evan Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org>’, when the email is sent, the placeholder for Candidate name will display “Evan Brown”.
- Click on the Send button. Each Candidate will receive individual Test email invites.
Note: When inviting multiple Candidates, a Candidate will not be able to see the other Candidates being invited to take the Test. Although you are inviting multiple Candidates, every Candidate will receive an individual invite and other Candidates will not be cc'd on the emails.