A HackerRank for Work Test is automatically closed when the Test end date and time lapses. In this scenario, the Test will be unavailable to your invited Candidates, and Recruiters will not be able to invite new Candidates to the now-closed Test.
However, you can reopen the same Test for your use as per the steps mentioned below.
If you are a Candidate trying to attempt a HackerRank Test, please refer to the test is "No Longer Available" topic for more information.
Steps to Reopen a Test
- Login to HackerRank for Work.
- Navigate to the Tests tab and select the required Test. If the Test end date and time have lapsed, you will notice that the Invite option is disabled, as shown above.
- Click on the Settings tab and select the Test Access option.
- In the Test Access settings page, scroll down to the Test Expiration Time option. You will notice that the Test end date and time appear to have lapsed.
- Change the Test expiration to a future date and time.
- Click on the Save Changes button.
- Now, the Invite option is automatically enabled. You can continue to invite new Candidates to the Test.
- Previously invited Candidates who are yet to attempt the Test will be able to access the Test using the link provided in the same invite email. You can also re-invite them.
- If some of your Candidates have already attempted the Test but you would want them to reattempt, you must delete their previous test submissions first. These Candidates can then reattempt the test using the test access link from their original email invitations or you can re-invite them to the Test.
Refer to the Test Access Settings topic for more information.