Your hiring company uses our platform to design your HackerRank Tests. Therefore, the Test pattern, the type, and sequence of Questions, and the time allocated to complete a Test are defined by the test setters.
For Candidates taking the company's assessments on the HackerRank platform, the Test interface is intuitive and allows for easy navigation through the Questions. During the Test, the interface lets you revisit your already submitted answers for making modifications and allows resubmission. You can modify and submit your answers any number of times before the Test ends.
Note: For Coding Questions, when you modify an already submitted code, you must re-compile the updated code before resubmitting. Refer to the Can I resubmit my answers in the Test topic for detailed information on resubmitting your coding answers.
Submitting your Answers to Different Questions
Apart from Coding Questions, your HackerRank Tests may also include various other types of Questions such as:
- Diagram ( involving diagrams )
- Sentence Completion or Fill-in-the-blanks
- File Upload (involves attaching files)
The following sections describe how to submit your answers and modify your submissions for all types of Questions in your Test.
To view a Question and submit your answer
- In the HackerRank Test interface, click the icon to view the list of all the Test Questions.
- Select a Question to view. After you specify your answer, click Submit answer & continue to submit this answer and go to the subsequent Question.
To change your answers or modify your submissions in the Test:
- Click the icon to view the list of all Test Questions.
- Click the Modify Submission link to view the Question and modify your answer.
- Click the Submit answer & continue button to submit the modified answer.
- To go to a different Question, click on the relevant serial number in the left pane.
Note: Your test setter may organize the Questions across different sections, and these sections can have specific time-limits to complete and submit the answers. In some cases, if the time allocated for a section has elapsed or you have already submitted the answer, you will not be allowed to change the answer submissions.
Refer to the following topics to understand how to modify your coding solutions: