HackerRank's CodePair integrates with Lever ATS to allow applicants in Lever to be assessed directly through CodePair interviews. This document describes the steps involved to implement the integration.
Note: To use the integration, it is essential that you own a Recruiter license on HackerRank for Work.
- You must have a Lever account with relevant permissions to the Lever integration settings.
- You must log in to HackerRank for Work as a user belonging to the Owners Team.
The 3-step integration process is explained below:
Generating the API Key and Webhook Signing Token in Lever
- Log in to Lever, navigate to the Integrations settings page, and click the Webhooks tab.
- Under the Webhook signing token, copy your signature token.
- Now, go to the Partner Integrations tab, and select the Integrations section.
- Under "Interviewing," you will find the HackerRank CodePair section.
- Click Generate New Key and save this key immediately. Once you click Done, you cannot reaccess it.
- Retain the copied Webhook signing token and the saved API Key to be used in HackerRank.
Settings in HackerRank
- Log in to HackerRank for Work as a user belonging to the Owners team.
- On the HackerRank home page, click the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the homepage, and select Settings.
- Click API access, and navigate to the Lever integration area.
- Enter the Lever API Key and the Lever webhook signing token in the respective fields.
- When you do so, HackerRank generates the webhook URL for Lever. Copy this generated URL.
Completing the Webhook Configuration in Lever
The integration completes when you add the webhook URL from HackerRank in Lever.
- In Lever, navigate to the Integrations settings page, and click the Webhooks tab.
- Turn-on the Candidate Stage Change option, and under this option, add the URL copied from HackerRank.
- Click Verify.
- When the URL is verified, you will see a check mark displayed. You can include or remove the 'https://' from the HackerRank URL.
After the integration steps are completed, in Lever, you must add the tag "HackerRank CodePair" to Candidate profiles and Jobs. This allows the link for CodePair interviews to be automatically generated and associated with an applicant profile in Lever.
Original reference provided by the Lever support page: How do I enable and use the HackerRank CodePair integration