HackerRank Interviews integrates with Lever to facilitate a seamless hiring process for companies. The interview is an efficient tool for recruiters and technical managers to conduct interactive coding interviews with candidates located remotely. The integration with interview allows Lever users to directly start or schedule coding interviews with their candidates.
This article provides you with detailed steps to integrate Lever with HackerRank Interview. To know how to use the integration and schedule interviews from Lever, see HackerRank interviews with Candidates in Lever.
Lever - HackerRank Interview Integration
|In HackerRank for Work||In Lever|
Lever - HackerRank Interview integration is a two-step process that involves the following actions.
- Obtaining Webhook signing token and API key from Lever
- Obtaining webhook URL from HackerRank and connect it to Lever
Obtaining the Webhook Signing Token from Lever
- Log in to Lever, click on the Settings option.
- Click on the Integration and API option from the left pane.
Integration and API tab in Lever
- Click on the Webhooks tab to open the Webhook configurations page.
Webhooks Configuration Page
- Perform one of the following two options to generate the signing token specific to the Webhook URL,
- Toggle the stage change button.
- Click on the '+ add webhook' option as shown below.
Options for generating the Webhook URL
- On either of the options (toggle switched on or '+' is clicked) a unique signing token is generated as shown below.
Unique Signing token generation
- Copy the token and store it as it needs to be added to the HackerRank.
- Click on the Partner Integrations tab.
- Scroll down on the page to the Assessment section, and enable the HackerRank CodePair option.
- Click on the Generate New Key option. Provide a Key name, and fill out the necessary fields to generate the API key. Copy and save the generated API key immediately. You cannot reaccess this key after you click on the Done button.
Generating new API Key
Obtaining the Webhook URL from HackerRank and adding it in Lever
- Log in to HackerRank for Work as a Company Admin user.
- On the home page, click the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the page, and select the Settings option.
- Click on the ATS Integration option, and navigate to the Lever integration area.
- In the respective fields, add the Lever API Key and Lever Webhook signing token, as shown below.
- HackerRank creates the Webhook URL. Copy this URL. The integration completes when you add this URL to Lever. The Webhook URL from the HackerRank settings page
- In Lever, navigate to the Webhooks tab on the Integrations and API page.
- Click on the Webhooks tab, and under the Webhook Configuration, turn on the Candidate Stage Change event. In Lever, this is the event trigger that sends an interview link request to interview.
The 'Candidate Stage Change' event trigger sends a request to interview
- Click on the Add Webhook option for the Candidate Stage Change event, and add the Webhook URL obtained from HackerRank.
- Click on the Verify Connection button. When the URL is verified, you will see a checkmark displayed. You can include or remove the 'https://' from the HackerRank URL.
- Adding HackerRank's Webhook URL in Lever
In Lever, candidate profiles must meet the following requirements before the "Candidate stage change" event can trigger a request to HackerRank Interviews:
- A profile must have the candidate's name and a valid email address.
- A profile must include the "HackerRank Interview" tag or be linked with a Job that has the same tag.
When the candidate stage is changed, an interview link is automatically added to the profile. Recruiters can click on this link to quickly start or schedule an online interview session to assess the candidate.
For more information, see HackerRank Interviews with Candidates in Lever.