HackerRank's Interview integrates with Lever to facilitate a seamless hiring process for companies. The interview is an efficient tool for recruiters and technical managers to conduct interactive coding interviews with Candidates located remotely. The integration with Interview allows Lever users to directly start or schedule coding interviews with their Candidates.
This article provides you with detailed steps to integrate Lever with HackerRank's Interview. To know how to use the integration and schedule interviews from Lever, see HackerRank interviews with Candidates in Lever.
|In HackerRank for Work||In Lever|
- Log in to Lever, and click on the Integrations option from the Settings menu.
- Under the Webhook signing token, click on the Regenerate button and copy the token.
- Click on the Partner Integrations tab.
- Scroll down in the page to the Interviewing section, and enable the HackerRank Interview option.
- Click on the Generate New Key option. Copy and save the generated API key immediately. You cannot reaccess this key after you click on the Done button.
- Click on the Done button. Retain the copied Webhook signing token and API key to be added in HackerRank.
Obtaining the Webhook URL from HackerRank and adding it in Lever
- Log in to HackerRank for Work as a Company Admin user.
- In the home page, click the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the page, and select Settings.
- Click on the ATS Integration option, and navigate to the Lever integration area.
- In the respective fields shown below, add the Lever API Key and Lever Webhook signing token, as shown below.
- HackerRank creates the Webhook URL. Copy this URL, the integration completes when you add this URL in Lever.
The Webhook URL from the HackerRank settings page
- In Lever, navigate to the Webhooks tab in the Integrations page.
- Click on the Webhooks tab, and under the Webhook Configuration, turn-on the Candidate Stage Change event. In Lever, this is the event trigger which sends an interview link request to interview.
The 'Candidate Stage Change' event trigger sends a request to interview
- Click on the Add Webhook option for the Candidate Stage Change event, and add the Webhook URL obtained from HackerRank.
- Click on the Verify Connection button. When the URL is verified, you will see a check mark displayed. You can include or remove the 'https://' from the HackerRank URL.
In Lever, Candidate profiles must meet the following requirements before the "Candidate stage change" event can trigger a request to HackerRank's Interview:
- A profile must have the Candidate's name and a valid email address.
- A profile must include the "HackerRank Interview" tag or be linked with a Job which has the same tag.
When the Candidate stage is changed, a interview link is automatically added in the profile. Recruiters can click this link to quickly start or schedule an online interview session to assess the Candidate.
For more information, see HackerRank Interviews with Candidates in Lever.