HackerRank for Work allows Admins to remove user accounts that are no longer used, and the removed accounts are automatically moved to a 'Locked' state and can be reused later. Locked user accounts do not belong to any team and do not have access to any shared resources. Also, a locked account cannot be added to any team. When necessary, you can reuse these accounts by unlocking them and you can add them to the required team, share resources, and so on.
Note: A user account is automatically moved to a "Locked" state when you remove the account from all the Teams.
- When a recruiter using HackerRank for Work quits your organization, you remove the user account from all the associated teams.
- The account is then automatically moved to the 'Locked' state.
- When a new recruiting member takes over, you unlock the existing account and assign it to the recruiter's team.
Locking User Account(s)
- You must have logged in as a user with Company Admin or Team Admin privileges.
Locking and Removing User from a Team
- On successfully logging into your HackerRank for Work account, click on the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the homepage. This leads you to the Teams Management page.
The 'Teams Management' page
- Click on the Users tab to open the tab displaying all users. At the far right of a user's name, click on the vertical ellipsis menu to find the Remove option.
- Select the team the user needs to be removed from. All the resources of that user, need to be transferred to another user before deleting/removing the said user.
- Once you mention the team from which the user(s) needs to be removed, click on the Remove button, you will be prompted to transfer the ownership to other users. Select the user name to whom you want to transfer the ownership, and then click on the Transfer and Remove User button.
Note: A user with a locked account will not be able to log in to HackerRank for Work. Other HackerRank users will not be able to share any resources such as Tests and interviews with a user whose account is locked. Check this article to know what happens when a locked user tries to log into their accounts.
Locking and Removing Multiple Users from a Team
- You can also multi-select different user accounts to remove them from a team in bulk. Select the users you want to remove, and then click on the Lock and Remove Users option from the top.
Removing Multiple Users
- Once you click on the Lock & Remove Users option, you will be prompted to transfer the ownership to other users. Select the user name to whom you want to transfer the ownership, and then click on the Confirm button.
Note: You can select up to 50 users at a time for bulk Lock&Remove.
Removing All Members of a Particular Team
- When you want to delete an entire team, it is necessary to remove all members of the team first. You can do so by simply clicking on the team name, and deleting users from that team as shown below.
- Before removing a user from all teams, you will have to transfer all their resources (tests, questions, interviews) to another existing user. Click 'delete' once all resources are reallocated.
When you remove a user account from all the associated Teams, it is automatically moved to the "Locked" state and can be reused later. Locked user accounts do not belong to any Team and do not have access to any shared resources.
Once the user is removed from all the teams, they will be automatically moved to locked status. When a locked user tries to log into their account, they will see an error message as shown below.
Unlocking a User Account (s)
- On successfully logging into your HackerRank for Work account, click on the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the homepage, and select the Teams Management option.
Navigate to Team Management Options
- Click on the Users tab to open the tab displaying all users.
- To view locked user accounts, in the left pane, select the Locked option in the Status category. The right pane displays all the Locked User accounts.
Display of accounts in the "Users" tab
- Select an account and at the far right of the user's name, click on the vertical ellipsis menu and select the Unlock User option.
Unlocking the user account
- You can also multi-select different user accounts to unlock them in bulk.
Unlocking Mulitple Users
Note: You can select up to 50 users at a time for bulk unlock.
- To unlock, you must select a Team to assign the user account. Select the required Team, and click on the Unlock button.
Choosing a Team to assign the user account after unlocking
- The user account is now unlocked and assigned to the selected Team. You can further edit this User account and set appropriate permissions.
User account unlocked and assigned to the chosen Team
A user account can also have an Activated or Non-Activated status. Refer to the Team member status topic for detailed information.