HackerRank for Work allows Admins to remove user accounts which are no longer used, and the removed accounts are automatically moved to a 'Locked' state and can be reused later. Locked user accounts do not belong to any Team and do not have access to any shared resources. A locked account also cannot be added to any team. When necessary, you can reuse these accounts by unlocking them and you can add them to the required Team, share resources etc.
Note: A user account is automatically moved to a "Locked" state when you remove the account from all the Teams.
- When a Recruiter using HackerRank for Work quits your organisation, you remove the user account from all the associated Teams.
- The account is then automatically moved to the 'Locked' state.
- When a new recruiting member takes over, you unlock the existing account and assign it to the recruiter's Team.
Refer the Removing a Member from a Team topic for information about removing a user account.
You must have a HackerRank for Work account and log in as a user with Company Admin or Team Admin privileges.
This section describes how a user account is locked and how you can unlock it.
A. Locking a User Account
A user account is automatically moved to the "Locked" state when you remove the account from all the associated Team(s).
Note: A user with a locked account will not be able to login to HackerRank for Work. Other HackerRank users will not be able to share any resources such as Tests and interviews with a user whose account is locked.
B. Unlocking a User Account
- On successfully logging into your HackerRank for Work account, click the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the homepage, and select Teams Management.
- Click on Users to open the tab displaying all users.
- To view locked user accounts, in the left pane, select the Locked option in the Status category. The right pane displays all the “Locked” User accounts.
- Select an account and at the far right of the user's name, click on the vertical ellipsis menu and select Unlock User.
- You can also multi-select different user accounts to unlock them in bulk.
- To unlock, you must select a Team to assign the user account. Select the required Team, and click Unlock.
Choosing a Team to assign the user account after unlocking
- The user account is now unlocked and assigned to the selected Team. You can further edit this User account and set appropriate permissions.
A user account can also have an Activated or Non-Activated status. Refer to the Team member status topic for detailed information.