HackerRank Tests are online assessments to show your technical and programming skills. Your recruiting company invites you to take up programming Tests on the HackerRank platform, and typically, candidates who crack these Tests qualify for the further levels in the hiring company's selection process.
Tip: we recommend you try the Sample Test to acquaint yourself with the HackerRank Test and coding environment before you attempt any actual Test. You can find the link to the sample test on your test login page.
Logging into a HackerRank Test
- You must receive the Recruiter's email invite for a Test, as shown below. Click Start Test.
- In an alternate format, your Recruiter's Test invite may provide the Test access link and a preset password to log in, as shown below. Click the link and log in with the provided password.
- The Test login page displays important instructions for the Test. We recommended you read them carefully.
- Next, the login page will show the question types that are present in the test you are attempting.
- After that, it will take you to the confirmation form where you have to specify your email full name and a password and click Sign up to register your HackerRank account. You can also choose to log in with Facebook, Google, Linkedin, and Git accounts.
- OR -
If your Recruiter has provided a login password, specify your email address, full name and enter the password.
- OR -
If you are a Registered User on the HackerRank Community, click Log in and specify your HackerRank Community User credentials.
- Select your Work experience.
- Click the Share my HackerRank profile with HackerRank option to show your HackerRank Community profile to your recruiters.
- Read the honor code and select the checkbox.
- Click Continue to start the test.
- If your Test includes Front-end, Back-end, or Full-stack project-type Questions, HackerRank will take some time to prepare the server for your Test.
The Test interface opens, and the timer starts immediately. You can see the remaining Test time at the top, as shown below.
Note: If your test setter demands to proctor the test, you will first see the Enable Webcam access option on the login page. Before you can log in to the Test, you must allow HackerRank to access your computer's web camera. Learn more about taking the proctoring tests here.