In HackerRank Tests, Database(DB) Engineering Questions assess the candidates' database querying knowledge in Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Oracle, or DB2 databases. The test setter designs these Questions to understand the level of database programming skills in their Candidates to store, modify or retrieve data by writing efficient queries.
Typically, the test setter defines the problem statement along with the data schema required to answer the question. It is recommended that you read the problem statement carefully before answering the Question.
The HackerRank Test interface has an in-built database query editor and supports programming in Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Oracle, or DB2 databases.
Steps to Answer Database Questions
Here is a quick video to get you started with the Answering Database programming Questions workflow.
- In your Test, select the Database Engineer Question or click Solve Question.
- Read the problem statement carefully and refer the given data schema, if any.
- In the code editor, choose the DB language. Only the permitted languages are displayed in this list. For example, if the test setter wants to assess your DB programming skills in SQL, you may see only the Microsoft SQL Server option available to answer the Question.
- Write your query in the editor and click Run Query. Your answer is validated to return the expected output.
- Click Submit answer & continue to save your answer. You can revisit this question and changeyour submitted answer any number of times by clicking on Modify before the Test ends.
Note: Your test setter may organize the Questions across different sections in the Test, and these sections can have specific time-limits to complete and submit the answers. In some cases, if the time allocated for a section has elapsed or you have already submitted the answer, you will not be allowed to change the answer submissions.
See the following topics for detailed information:
- Modifying your code submissions
- Is my code auto-submitted if the Test times-out?
- Answer auto-save in your Tests