HackerRank Tests integrate with Jobvite to trigger HackerRank Test invites directly from Jobvite. Recruiters managing candidate profiles in Jobvite can use this integration to carry out a seamless and efficient candidate skills assessment for different requisitions without leaving their Jobvite account. Candidates receive HackerRank Test invites directly from Jobvite, and after they complete the test, their scores and performance data are automatically available for evaluation in their Jobvite profile.
This article describes the configuration steps required for integrating HackerRank with Jobvite.
The integration involves a two-step process, after which you must verify whether the HackerRank assessment-related custom fields are available in Jobvite.
Configuring the Integration for HackerRank - Jobvite
These sections describe the steps to set up the integration on the two platforms.
- Retrieving the API Key from Jobvite
- Adding the API Key and Secret in HackerRank for Work
- Configuring the HackerRank Test ID in Jobvite
Retrieving the API Key from Jobvite
You need to contact the Jobvite support to obtain the API key and Secret that are required for the integration with your HackerRank for Work account.
Adding the API Key and Secret in HackerRank for Work
- Log in to HackerRank for Work with the Company Admin user account.
- On the home page, click the drop-down next to the user icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Click Settings.
- Go to Integration and click Configure on the Jobvite tile.
- Inside the Jobvite configuration, enter the Jobvite API Token and Jobvite Secret fields obtained from the Jobvite support team.
- Click Save. The integration is now complete.
Configuring the HackerRank Test ID in Jobvite
In Jobvite, the integration creates HackerRank assessments-related workflow steps in the Candidate object and adds custom fields in the Candidate and Requisition objects.
To validate the HackerRank workflows in Jobvite:
- In the Candidate object, click on the Workflows drop-down list and verify that the HackerRank Assessment workflows are available. There are three workflows:
- HackerRank Assessment: This assessment workflow indicates the HackerRank Test status sent to the candidate.
- HackerRank Assessment Completed: This assessment workflow indicates the HackerRank Test completion status of the candidate.
- HackerRank Assessment Error: This assessment workflow indicates that the test could not be completed by the candidate due to some technical glitches.
- Navigate to your profile settings and click Admin.
- Click Configurations.
- Click View Custom fields.
- Click the Candidate tab. Verify that the HackerRank assessment-related custom fields are created for the Candidate object as shown below.
The following table summarises the custom fields for HackerRank.
|Candidate - Custom Fields
|HackerRank Test Link
|The URL of the test sent to the candidate. This is useful if the recruiter wants to resend the invite to candidates manually
|HackerRank Test Status
|A string indicating the status of the invite. If this is not empty, then it will be one of the following: “Invited” or “Completed”
|HackerRank Test Score
|The score obtained by the candidate for that particular test
|HackerRank Test Report Link
|The URL of the test report sent to the interviewer. This is useful if the recruiter wants to share the candidate's test performance with other team members
|HackerRank CodePair Link
Verify that the HackerRank Test ID custom field is created under the Requisition object.
|Requisition - Custom Fields
|HackerRank Test ID
|Edit this field to add the required HackerRank Test IDs. When you create or edit a particular Requisition, you select and assign one of the Test IDs from this field.
Note: For each requisition in Jobvite, a HackerRank Test is tied to the requisition.
To view the HackerRank Test Id for the requisition, select the requisition and click the Details tab.