HackerRank Tests integrates with Jobvite to trigger HackerRank Test invites directly from Jobvite. Recruiters managing candidate profiles in Jobvite can use this integration to carry out a seamless and efficient candidate skills assessment for different requisitions without leaving their Jobvite account. candidates receive HackerRank Test invites directly from Jobvite, and after they've completed the Test, their scores and performance data are automatically available for evaluation in their Jobvite profile.
This article describes the detailed integration steps, the configurations required in both the applications, and how you can use the integration to automatically trigger HackerRank Test invites to candidates from Jobvite. You can also refer to troubleshooting tips and FAQs.
|In HackerRank for Work||In Jobvite|
The integration involves a 2-step process, after which you must verify whether the HackerRank assessment-related custom fields are available in Jobvite
Retrieving API Key
You must contact Jobvite support to obtain the API key and Secret which are required for the integration with your HackerRank for Work account.
Add the Obtained API key and Secret in HackerRank for Work
- Login into the HackerRank for Work as a Company Admin user.
- On the home page, click the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the page, and select Settings.
- Go to ATS Integration and click on the Configure button under the Jobvite option.
- Inside Jobvite configuration, enter the Jobvite API Key and Jovite Secret fields obtained from Jobvite, and then click on the Save button. This completes the integration.
In Jobvite, the integration creates HackerRank assessments related workflow steps in the candidate object and adds custom fields in the candidate and Requisition objects.
In the candidate object, click on the Workflows list and verify that the HackerRank assessment workflows are available:
Navigate to Admin --> Configurations --> View Custom fields -->Candidates and verify that the HackerRank assessment-related custom fields are created for the candidate object as shown below:
|Candidate - Custom Fields||Description|
|HackerRank Test Status||A string indicating the status of the invite. If this is not empty, then it will be one of the following: “Invited” or “Completed”|
|HackerRank Test Score||The score obtained by the candidate for that particular test|
|HackerRank Test Link||The URL of the test sent to the candidate. This is useful if the recruiter wants to manually resend the invite to candidates.|
Verify that the HackerRank Test ID custom field is created under the Requisition object.
The HackerRank Test related custom field in the Jobvite Requisition Object
|Requisition - Custom Fields||Description|
|HackerRank Test ID||Edit this field to add the required HackerRank Test IDs. When you create or edit a particular Requisition, you select and assign one of the Test IDs from this field.|
Required Configurations in HackerRank for Work and Jobvite
Creating Tests in HackerRank for Work
Before you can use the integration to trigger HackerRank Test invites from Jobvite, you must create and publish the required Tests in HackerRank for Work.
- Log into the HackerRank for Work using your Company Admin user account.
- Create and publish the HackerRank Tests based on the specific job roles or technical skills expected in the candidates. To know more about creating and publishing a test, refer, Creating a New Test
- In Jobvite, you must associate the HackerRank Test IDs with Requisitions. Therefore, note the IDs for the required HackerRank Tests.
- Click on the Tests and open the required Test.
- Look for the 5-6 digit number in the URL, this is the Test ID. Note this ID for all the required Tests.
Associating Requisitions with HackerRank Test IDs
- In Jobvite, in the HackerRank Test ID field of the Requisition object, you must add the required Test IDs.
- Edit the HackerRank Test ID custom field to include the Test IDs and click on the Save button.
You can then assign one of the above HackerRank Test IDs to a Requisition. For candidate profiles associated with this Requisition, when the Workflow status is changed to "HackerRank Assessment", the event triggers invites for the HackerRank Test.
- Edit a Requisition and in the HackerRank Test ID field, select the ID of the required HackerRank Test and click on the Save button.
- In this manner, you can associate a particular HackerRank Test ID with all other Requisitions.
- Link the candidate profiles with the relevant Requisitions containing the HackerRank Test IDs.
When the candidate is ready to take an assessment, change the Candidate Workflow status to "HackerRank Assessment". The candidate will receive an email invite with a link to the Test for that specific requisition. Once the test is completed, the report will be automatically updated in the candidate record in Jobvite.