HackerRank's Tests integrate with Greenhouse to facilitate a seamless and efficient Candidate screening process for recruiters. As part of their interview workflow, Greenhouse users can directly send HackerRank Test invites to Candidates and also obtain the Test report for further evaluation.
This article provides you with detailed integration steps and also describes how you can send HackerRank Test invites directly from Greenhouse.
Note: Refer to the Greenhouse - HackerRank Interview Integration topic to know how to quickly initiate interviews with Candidates in Greenhouse. See the Greenhouse Integration - Troubleshooting Tips topic to know answers for some frequently asked questions.
|In HackerRank for Work||In Greenhouse|
Example: If the email address in HackerRank for Work is email@example.com, the Greenhouse user account must also include the same email address.
Integration and Configuration Steps
Obtaining the Greenhouse API key from HackerRank for Work
- Log in to HackerRank for Work using the Company Admin user account.
- On the home page, click the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the page, and select Settings.
- Go to ATS Integration and click on the Configure button under the Greenhouse option.
- On the integration setup page, click on the Generate API token button
- The unique API Key will be displayed in the next popup. Copy this key and close the pop-up.
Note: Do not forget to save the API key as, once the popup is closed, it can't be recovered. Every user needs to add this key in Greenhouse.
Adding the API key in Greenhouse
- Log in to Greenhouse, and click on the Integrations from the three-dot menu.
- Search and click on the Hackerrank integration option.
- Click on the Connect option, add the API key copied obtained from the previous section.
- Click on the Save button. This completes the integration.
Creating Tests and Email Invite Templates in HackerRank for Work
- Log in to HackerRank for Work with the same account used to generate the Greenhouse API key.
- Based on the specific job role or technical skills expected in Candidates, create and publish HackerRank Tests required to invite Candidates from Greenhouse. Alternatively, you can also use the HackerRank Tests which are shared with your user account. For more information, refer, Sharing a Test
HackerRank Tests to be used in Greenhouse
- Create email invite templates for sending different Test invites sent from Greenhouse. Alternatively, you can use HackerRank's default email template in Greenhouse.
Creating templates for sending Test email invites from Greenhouse
Adding the "HackerRank Test" Stage to a Greenhouse Job Interview Plan
In Greenhouse, the integration automatically creates a "Hackerrank Test" stage for jobs. When you associate this stage to a job's interview plan and move a Candidate to the "HackerRank Test" stage, a "Send Test" link is automatically available to send the HackerRank Test invitation.
To associate the "HackerRank Test" stage to a Job:
- Open a Job and click on the Job Setup tab.
- Click on the Interview Plan option, and then click +Add a Stage.
- Add the HackerRank Test stage to the job.
Sending HackerRank Test Invites from Greenhouse
- In Greenhouse, open a Candidate profile, click on the Move Stage option and change the Candidate's stage to HackerRank Test.
- Click on the Send Test link displayed under the HackerRank Test stage.
- In the Send Test window,
- Select the required HackerRank Test to which you want to invite the Candidate.
- Select one of the email templates for the chosen format of the invite.
- Select the Greenhouse user who will be assigned the HackerRank Test report for evaluation.
- Click on the Send Test button to send the invite to the Candidate.
- After the Candidate submits the Test, the Test score is updated in the Candidate's profile under the HackerRank Test stage.
- Select the HackerRank Test interview kit to view the Candidate's Test performance report and scores. Click on the View Report option to open the Candidate's detailed performance report in HackerRank for Work.