HackerRank's Tests integrate with Greenhouse to facilitate a seamless and efficient Candidate screening process for recruiters. As part of their interview workflow, Greenhouse users can directly send HackerRank Test invites to Candidates and also obtain the Test report for further evaluation.
Note: Refer to the Greenhouse - HackerRank CodePair integration topic to know how to quickly initiate CodePair interviews with Candidates in Greenhouse. See the Greenhouse integration - troubleshooting tips topic to know answers for some frequently asked questions.
|In HackerRank for Work||In Greenhouse|
Example: If the email address in HackerRank for Work is email@example.com, the Greenhouse user account must also include the same email address.
Ensure that you've read the prerequisites listed above.
- Step 1: Obtaining the Greenhouse API token from HackerRank for Work - for real-time data integration between Greenhouse and HackerRank accounts.
- Step 2: Adding the API token in Greenhouse - to authenticate Greenhouse's requests for HackerRank assessments.
- Step 3: Create Tests in HackerRank for Work for sending invites from Greenhouse.
- Step 4: Adding the "HackerRank Test" stage to the Greenhouse Job interview plan.
- Log in to HackerRank for Work using the Company Admin user account.
- In the home page, click the arrow next to the user icon on the top right corner of the page, and select Settings.
- Go to ATS Integration and click on Generate API Key under the Greenhouse option.
- Once the API key is generated, click on to copy it.
- Log in to Greenhouse, and click Integrations from the three-dot menu.
- Search and click the 'Hackerrank' integration option.
- Click Connect, add the API key obtained from HackerRank for Work.
- Click Save. This completes the integration.
- Log in to HackerRank for Work with the same account used to generate the Greenhouse API key.
- Based on the specific job role or technical skills expected in Candidates, create and publish HackerRank Tests required to invite Candidates from Greenhouse. Alternatively, you can also use the HackerRank Tests which are shared with your user account. See: Sharing a Test for more information.
HackerRank Tests to be used in Greenhouse
- Create email invite templates for sending different Test invites sent from Greenhouse. Alternatively, you can use HackerRank's default email template in Greenhouse.
Creating templates for sending Test email invites from Greenhouse
Refer to the articles in our Knowledgebase to know how to create Tests and Email Templates in HackerRank for Work.
In Greenhouse, the integration automatically creates a "Hackerrank Test" stage for jobs. When you associate this stage to a job's interview plan and move a Candidate to the "HackerRank Test" stage, a "Send Test" link is automatically available to send the HackerRank Test invitation.
To associate the "HackerRank Test" stage to a Job:
- Open a Job and click the Job Setup tab.
- Click Interview Plan, and click +Add a Stage.
- Add the "HackerRank Test" stage to the job.
- In Greenhouse, open a Candidate profile, click Move Stage and change the Candidate's stage to "HackerRank Test".
- Click the "Send Test" link displayed under the "HackerRank Test" stage.
- In the Send Test window,
- Select the required HackerRank Test to which you want to invite the Candidate.
- Select one of the email templates for the chosen format of the invite.
- Select the Greenhouse user who will be assigned the HackerRank Test report for evaluation.
- Click Send Test to send the invite to the Candidate.
- After the Candidate submits the Test, the Test score is updated in the Candidate's profile under the "HackerRank Test" stage.
- Select the "HackerRank Test" interview kit to view the Candidate's Test performance report and scores. Click View Report to open the Candidate's detailed performance report in HackerRank for Work.