HackerRank's CodePair integrates with Greenhouse enabling recruiters to directly initiate and conduct online coding interviews with their Candidates located remotely. The integration allows for a seamless Candidate assessment process in the Greenhouse hiring workflow. CodePair includes an in-built code editor which facilitates a collaborative coding experience for interviewers and their Candidates.
This article describes how you can directly initiate CodePair interviews with Candidates in Greenhouse.
- You must have HackerRank for Work and Greenhouse user accounts with the same email address.
- You must enable the integration between the two applications.
- You must log in to Greenhouse with the same user account used to generate the API key.
Note: To know how to enable the HackerRank - Greenhouse integration, refer to the prerequisites and integration steps 1 and 2 described in the Greenhouse - HackerRank Tests integration article.
Generating a CodePair interview link in Greenhouse
- Open a Candidate profile, and at the relevant interview stage, click Schedule Interview.
Note: Ensure that the Candidate's profile has a valid email address before you can generate a CodePair interview link.
- Click the +CodePair Link. Share the CodePair interview link directly with the Candidate.
- As an interviewer, access the CodePair link and log in to the session with your HackerRank for Work company admin user account.
You can refer the Conducting a CodePair interview topic available in our knowledgebase to know how to use the CodePair interview interface to conduct coding interviews with your Candidates.
- The Candidate can log in to the interview by just entering the name.
The following topics are recommended for your Candidates before for an upcoming CodePair interview:
- CodePair interview preparation checklist for Candidates
Note: It is recommended to use the latest versions of Google Chrome or Firefox browsers for the best experience with CodePair interviews.
- After the interview, in Greenhouse, select the Candidate's HackerRank Test interview kit and update your interview feedback in the scorecard.
Refer to the Greenhouse integration - troubleshooting tips topic for answers to some frequently asked questions.