HackerRank integrates with Greenhouse for Tests and Interviews, enabling recruiters to initiate and conduct online coding interviews with their candidates located remotely. The integration allows for a seamless Candidate screening process in the Greenhouse hiring workflow.
Note: Once you set up the integration configuration for HackeRank - Greenhouse, you can use the same integration to send Test invites from Greenhouse. For more information on setting up the integration, see Greenhouse - HackerRank Integration Configuration Guide.
This article describes how you can send Tests to Candidates from Greenhouse.
Greenhouse - HackerRank Tests Integration
Once the Greenhouse - HackerRank integration is enabled, you can add the HackerRank assessment as an Interview stage.
In Greenhouse, the integration automatically creates a Hackerrank Test stage for jobs. When you associate this stage with a job's interview plan and move a Candidate to the HackerRank Test stage, a Send Test link is automatically generated to send the HackerRank Test invitation.
Add HackerRank Test Stage in a Greenhouse Job Interview Plan
Interview plans are made up of stages and interviews. Each interview plan, by default, starts with the Application Review stage and ends with an Offer stage.
To associate the HackerRank Test stage with a Job in the Greenhouse:
- Open a Job from the Jobs tab.
- Click the Job Setup tab.
- Click on the Interview Plan option.
- Click Add Stage.
- Add the HackerRank stage to the job.
- Click Add. The HackerRank Test stage is added to the Candidate's profile.
Send HackerRank Test Invites from Greenhouse
After you create a Job and add the HackerRank Test stage to the Job, you can send a Test invite to the Candidate.
Based on the specific job role or technical skills expected of Candidates, create and publish HackerRank Tests required to invite Candidates from Greenhouse.
To send a HackerRank Test to a Candidate from Greenhouse:
- Open a Candidate profile in Greenhouse.
- Click the Move Stage option and select the Candidate's stage as HackerRank.
- A Send Test link is generated after you add the Test stage.
- Click on the Send Test link displayed under the HackerRank stage.
- In the Send Test window:
- Select the required HackerRank Test to which you want to invite the Candidate.
- Select one of the email templates for the chosen format of the invite.
- Select the Greenhouse user assigned the HackerRank Test report for evaluation.
- Click Send Test to send the invite to the Candidate. Note that the assessment must have been created on HackerRank.
- The Candidate will receive an email to take the test.
View the Candidate's Assessment Score
- After the Candidate submits the Test, the Test score is updated on the Candidate's profile under the HackerRank test stage.
- Click Select Interview Kit to view the Candidate's score and report.
- Select HackerRank interview kit to view the Candidate's Test performance report and scores.
- Click on the View Report option to open the Candidate's detailed performance report in HackerRank for Work.
The report is opened in HackerRank.
View the Updated Score on the Greenhouse
After evaluating the assessment, when the Recruiter updates the candidate's score on the HackerRank platform, the score is reflected on the Activity Feed tab of Greenhouse.
- Understanding the HackerRank Interview Interface
- Logging in to a HackerRank Interview Session
- Interview Preparation Checklist for Candidates
- Greenhouse integration - troubleshooting tips