HackerRank's Interview integrates with Greenhouse enabling recruiters to directly initiate and conduct online coding interviews with their Candidates located remotely. The integration allows for a seamless Candidate assessment process in the Greenhouse hiring workflow. HackerRank Interview includes an in-built code editor which facilitates a collaborative coding experience for interviewers and their candidates.
This article describes how you can directly initiate interviews with Candidates in Greenhouse.
Generating a HackerRank Interview link in Greenhouse
- You must have HackerRank for Work and Greenhouse user accounts with the same email address.
- You must enable the integration between the two applications.
- You must log in to Greenhouse with the same user account used to generate the API key.
Note: To know how to enable the HackerRank - Greenhouse integration, refer to the prerequisites and integration steps 1 and 2 described in the Greenhouse - HackerRank Tests integration article.
- Open a Candidate profile, and at the relevant interview stage, click on the Schedule Interview option.
Note: Ensure that the Candidate's profile has a valid email address before you can generate an interview link.
- Click on the +CodePair Link. Share the interview link directly with the Candidate.
- As an interviewer, access the interview link and log in to the session with your HackerRank for Work company admin user account. For more information on conducting coding interviews, refer, Conducting a HackerRank Interview
- The Candidate can log in to the interview by just entering the name.
Note: It is recommended to use the latest versions of Google Chrome or Firefox browsers for the best experience with HackerRank interviews.
- After the interview, in Greenhouse, select the Candidate's HackerRank Test interview kit and update your interview feedback in the scorecard.