HackerRank integrates with Greenhouse for Tests and Interviews enabling recruiters to directly initiate and conduct online coding interviews with their Candidates located remotely. The integration allows for a seamless Candidate assessment process in the Greenhouse hiring workflow. HackerRank Interview includes an in-built code editor which facilitates a collaborative coding experience for interviewers and their candidates.
This article describes how you can directly initiate interviews with Candidates in Greenhouse using the Tests and Interview options.
Greenhouse - HackerRank Tests Integration
In Greenhouse, the integration automatically creates a Hackerrank Test stage for jobs. When you associate this stage with a job's interview plan and move a Candidate to the HackerRank Test stage, a Send Test link is automatically available to send the HackerRank Test invitation.
HackerRank Test Stage in a Greenhouse Job Interview Plan
To associate the HackerRank Test stage with a Job:
- Open a Job and click on the Job Setup tab.
- Click on the Interview Plan option.
- Click +Add a Stage.
- Add the HackerRank Test stage to the job.
Sending HackerRank Test Invites from Greenhouse
- In Greenhouse, open a Candidate profile, click on the Move Stage option and change the Candidate's stage to HackerRank Test.
- Click on the Send Test link displayed under the HackerRank Test stage.
- In the Send Test window:
- Select the required HackerRank Test to which you want to invite the Candidate.
- Select one of the email templates for the chosen format of the invite.
- Select the Greenhouse user who will be assigned the HackerRank Test report for evaluation.
- Click Send Test to send the invite to the Candidate.
- After the Candidate submits the Test, the Test score is updated on the Candidate's profile under the HackerRank Test stage.
- Select the HackerRank Test interview kit to view the Candidate's Test performance report and scores. Click on the View Report option to open the Candidate's detailed performance report in HackerRank for Work.
Greenhouse - HackerRank Interviews Integration
- You must have HackerRank for Work and Greenhouse user accounts with the same email address.
- You must enable the integration between the two applications.
- You must log in to Greenhouse with the same user account used to generate the API key.
Note: To know how to enable the HackerRank - Greenhouse integration, refer to the prerequisites and integration steps 1 and 2 described in the Greenhouse - HackerRank Tests integration article.
Generating a HackerRank Interview link in Greenhouse
- Open a Candidate profile.
- At the relevant interview stage, click the Schedule Interview option.
Note: Ensure that the Candidate's profile has a valid email address before you generate an interview link.
- Click on the +CodePair Link.
- Share the interview link directly with the Candidate.
- As an interviewer, access the interview link and log in to the session with your HackerRank for Work company admin user account. For more information on conducting coding interviews, refer to Conducting a HackerRank Interview
Note: Interviewer’s Scorecard filled out within a HackerRank Interview will not be synced with Greenhouse; however, as you’ll see later in this article, you will be able to fill out the scorecard within Greenhouse. Greenhouse requires Interviewers to fill out the scorecard manually.
- The Candidate can log in to the interview by entering the name.
Note: It is recommended to use the latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox browsers for the best experience with HackerRank interviews.
- After the interview, in Greenhouse, select the Candidate's HackerRank Test interview kit and update your interview feedback on the scorecard.