HackerRank can be the first step in your recruiting process and help you assess a candidate's skills before they even enter your ATS system. With this feature, any candidates taking an assessment from a public link will be automatically created within the ATS. (Currently, this is available only for Lever and Greenhouse users)
By mapping a test to a particular job on the ATS, recruiters can obtain detailed candidate test reports for that job role, whenever a candidate attempts the test on HackerRank for Work. This is done using an API access token (which queries the recruiter's ATS for their job list), and embedding that API key onto HackerRank.
This article explains the steps to successfully enable public test URL to ATS integration.
You must be using one of the following supported ATS Systems.
Integration and Configuration Steps
|HackerRank for Work||On the ATS|
- Login to your HackerRank for Work account and under Test Access Settings of the required test, ensure that the test has a Public Test URL (accessible by anyone who has the link to the test). Refer to the Test Access Settings article to quickly create a public test URL in case your test does not have one.
- Obtain the API key from your ATS as follows:
- For Greenhouse ATS, you can get this key on greenhouse from 'Settings -> Dev Centre -> API Credentials Management -> Create Harvest API Key', as shown below.
- On Lever ATS, the API key can be obtained from 'Lever Partner Integrations' at the Lever Integrations page.
- On HackerRank, click 'Settings' present in the dropdown on the top-right corner of the screen under account settings as shown below.
- Select the 'ATS integration' option from the left-hand pane under Settings and click on the Configure button associated with the relevant ATS.
- On clicking the Configure button, you will be taken to the ATS setup page where you can follow the instructions to make necessary configurations.
- After finishing the configuration, open Test and go to Test Settings -> ATS integration and ensure you see the connected ATS.
- Clicking on 'ATS Settings' takes you back to the ATS integration setup page, shown in the previous step, to reconfigure the ATS or choose a different ATS.
- The next step is to choose the Job for which candidates would be taking this test. When configured, candidates who take the particular test from a public link will be added to your ATS in this Job. Click on 'Choose Job' and select the appropriate job role for which candidates would be taking this test.
- Mapping a job from the ATS to the test can fail under the following circumstances:
- The job has no owner - You will see a prompt screen where you can assign an appropriate HackerRank for Work user as the owner for the job.
- Owner of the job does not have a HackerRank for Work account - You will see a prompt screen to create a user account.
- Owner of the job does not have test access - You will see a prompt screen to add the recruiter to a team on HackerRank for Work, thereby granting them test access.
- Once you choose a job that is mapped to the test successfully, the candidate test reports are pushed to your ATS. You can change the job that is mapped for the particular test, or remove the mapping altogether.
- With a successful test to job mapping, on your ATS, you should be able to see the candidate test reports and other details every time a candidate attempts the test.
- For example, on Greenhouse ATS, sign in and head over to the Candidates section for the job mapped to the public test link. You will be able to see the candidate's test report, score and test name as shown. This information is also available in the Activity Feed.