HackerRank enables you to assess candidate's skills as a first step in your recruiting process even before they enter your ATS system. With this feature, any candidates taking an assessment from a public link are automatically created within the ATS. (Currently, this is available only for Lever and Greenhouse users).
By mapping a test to a particular job on the ATS, recruiters can obtain detailed candidate test reports for that job role, whenever a candidate attempts the test on HackerRank for Work. This is done using an API access token (which queries the recruiter's ATS for their job list), and embedding that API key onto HackerRank.
This article explains the steps to successfully enable public test URL to ATS integration.
You must be using one of the following supported ATS Systems.
|HackerRank for Work||On the ATS|
Global configuration settings on Greenhouse:
Global configuration settings on Lever:
Integration and Configuration Steps
- Log in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- Under Test Access Settings of the required test, ensure that the test has a Public Test URL (accessible by anyone who has the link to the test). Refer to the Test Access Settings article to quickly create a public test URL in case your test does not have one.
- Obtain the API key from your ATS as follows:
- For Greenhouse ATS, you can get this key on greenhouse from Settings -> Dev Centre -> API Credentials Management -> Create Harvest API Key.
- On Lever ATS, the API key can be obtained from Lever Partner Integrations on the Lever Integrations page.
- On HackerRank, click the dropdown on the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click Settings.
- Select the Integration option from the left-hand pane.
- Click the Configure option associated with the relevant ATS.
- The ATS setup page is displayed where you can follow the instructions to perform the configuration.
- After you complete the configuration, open Test.
- Go to Test Settings -> ATS integration and ensure you see the connected ATS.
Clicking on ATS Settings takes you back to the ATS integration setup page, shown in the previous step, to reconfigure the ATS or choose a different ATS.
Selecting a Job for the Candidates to Take a Test
- After the configuration, candidates taking a particular test from a public link are added to your ATS in this Job. Click Choose Job and select the appropriate job role for which candidates are taking this test.
- Mapping a job from the ATS to the test can fail under the following circumstances:
- The job has no owner - You can see a prompt screen where you can assign an appropriate HackerRank for Work user as the owner for the job.
- The owner of the job does not have a HackerRank for Work account - You can see a prompt to create a user account.
- The owner of the job does not have test access - You can see a prompt to add the recruiter to a team on HackerRank for Work, thereby granting them test access.
- After you choose a job that is mapped to the test successfully, the candidate test reports are pushed to your ATS. You can change the job that is mapped for the particular test, or remove the mapping.
- With a successful test to job mapping, on your ATS, you should be able to see the candidate test reports and other details every time a candidate attempts the test.
For example, on Greenhouse ATS, sign in and navigate to the Candidates section for the job mapped to the public test link. You can see the candidate's test report, score, and test name as shown. This information is also available in the Activity Feed.