Interviewers and candidates need to provide microphone and camera access in their browsers to conduct video/voice calls during a CodePair interview. Below steps describe how to give your browser permission to access your camera and microphone.
- Guide on taking proctored tests on HackerRank
- Supported browsers: Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome
- Follow the below steps to verify that your browser is granted permission to access your microphone and webcam.
- If you are joining an audio conference for the first time, you will be prompted with the below message. Click on Allow to proceed.
- Another way to check for webcam and microphone settings is by clicking on the "lock" icon beside the URL on your browser
- Ensure that the camera and microphone permissions are set to "Allow"
- If it is not set to "Allow", please correct the setting and reload your page.
- Click on the "lock" icon beside the URL on Firefox
- Ensure that "Use the camera" setting under Permissions is set to Allowed Temporarily
- If this setting is set to "Blocked Temporarily", please click on the X icon beside it to clear the setting and ask you again to allow. You will have to refresh your page for the browser to ask your permission again
More troubleshooting resources and tips:
Web Browsers - Camera and Microphone Settings:
- Google Chrome: Use Your Camera and Microphone
- Firefox Mozilla: How to manage your camera and microphone permissions with Firefox
- If the above did not help, try launching the test in Incognito Mode or Private Browsing mode. This will make your browser ask for your permission again.
- If these steps did not help or you still need support with this issue, please reach out to email@example.com (or reply to your existing thread) with screenshots of your browser permissions to help us assist you