HackerRank for Work allows you to modify the basic settings of your test. Most of these settings are created by you while creating the test initially. We prioritize candidate experience to the highest degree, and to that standard, you can now specially tailor the test duration for candidates who need it. This applies to and includes candidates with visual impairments, disabilities, and other special needs. Providing deserving candidates extra time promotes inclusivity and rids discrimination on any grounds.
Additionally, under special circumstances such as network outages, erroneous questions, or other issues, you might find it necessary to add extra time to all or some specific candidates' test attempts.
You can now achieve the same with our 'Time Accommodation' feature, which you will find on the Test Invite page.
Note: Extra time to specific candidates can only be allotted while inviting or reinviting the said candidate(s) to the test, and not when the test is ongoing. To add time to test attempts during an ongoing test, you will need to change the overall test duration, as explained here.
Steps to Add Extra Time to Test Attempts
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- You must have created and published the said test, and have access to the test.
- Click on the Tests tab on the home page, and then click Invite.
Learn more about best practices for test invitations here.
- Clicking on the Invite option takes you to the Send Test Invites page. On it is displayed the email editor which lets you customize the invite and configure necessary settings. These settings are specific to every email invite. On the top right of the editor, you can see the Time Accommodation button.
- The Time Accommodation button comes with a percentage option, indicating what percent of the total time allocated you want to increase the attempt by. You can choose from 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, or even set a custom time increase percentage. For example, choosing 10% time accommodation in a test of 60 minutes time duration will now give the candidate 66 minutes to solve the test.
- Once you have modified the time allocated, you will see the same in the invite template, as shown below.
Note: Custom percentage add-ons need to be in multiples of five.
Using this feature, you can easily modify a candidate's total time to solve a test. If you want to modify time for multiple candidates and send the test invite, you can do so by bulk-uploading candidates. Learn more about the same here.