We have made some key updates to CodePair to enhance the candidate experience and make the interview process seamless between the screening and interview stages to ensure you can conduct effective technical interviews. Continue to read below for details.
We're also hosting a webinar for a detailed walk-through of the new enhancements and to discuss interview best practices. Register here!
CodeScreen - CodePair Integration
In a typical interview workflow, the screening and technical interview rounds are often disconnected: candidates complete the online challenge on CodeScreen and then complete another challenge live during a technical interview with the hiring manager or on-site via CodePair.
A more effective way to conduct technical interviews would be to create a technical evaluation that builds on itself, building on previously submitted code from the screening stage in later interview stages. This approach gives interviewers the opportunity to review the code with the candidate in real-time, ask questions, and better understand the candidate’s approach to problem-solving. Add complexity to the original challenge and understand the candidate’s ability to think on their feet, collaborate, and solve problems.
To enable this effective interviewing process, we have integrated our CodeScreen and CodePair solutions. Starting today, interviewers can import the candidate’s screening test (questions and submitted code from CodeScreen) into a codepair session and collaborate in a live pair programming session. See below.
Learn how to use this integration here.
We take your candidate experience seriously and continuously improve our platform with developer-friendly tools to ensure they have the best possible experience. As part of that effort, we’re excited to bring REPL support for CodePair.
Learn more about how to use REPL here.
Enhanced user interface
We have redesigned the CodePair user interface (UI) to simplify navigation and provide more room for candidates and interviewers to code. We have also introduced a dark theme, all-time candidate favorite, across the product and renamed a few features for clarity. These include:
- “Notes” tab has been renamed to “Interviewer Notes”
- “STDIN” tab has been renamed to “Input”
- “STDOUT” tab has been renamed to “Run/Test Output”
- “Run all test cases” checkbox is replaced with a dropdown “Run Tests” in the “Run Code” button.
- For REPL enabled languages, the “Input” tab will not be present as REPL can take real-time input.
- For REPL enabled languages, REPL will be available inside the “Run Output” tab and clicking on the “Run code” button will show the code output inside the “Run Output” tab.
- For REPL enabled languages, clicking “Run Tests” button will show the result of Test cases inside “Test Output” tab
Using CodePair and CodeScreen for effective technical interviews
Want more information about using CodePair for your technical interviews? Join us on August 29th to deep dive on interview best practices, including a detailed walkthrough of how CodeScreen and CodePair can help!
Join the Webinar here.