HackerRank CodePair enables both the interviewer(s) and Candidate(s) to communicate, code and collaborate interactively. With an enhanced UI, CodePair is now much easier to use and navigate.
- The enhanced CodePair user interface has a separate tab called 'Interviewer Notes' where the interviewer can write down candidate feedback during the interview, and the same is not visible to the candidate.
- The 'Run Code' and 'Run Tests', clicking which will run all test cases and/or the code, and the output of the same will be shown in the 'Output' tab.
- Run Tests - clicking which will run all test cases and the output of the same will be shown in the 'Output' tab.
- Run Code - clicking which will run the code for the current input in the input tab, and the output of the same will be shown in the 'Output' tab.
- REPL enabled languages Python and Python 3 take real-time input, and the output is generated in the same tab, instantly. This can be experienced in the console tab. Read more about REPL in CodePair here.
- For all other languages, the input is given in a separate 'Input' tab and results become available in the 'Output' tab.
- For REPL enabled languages, REPL support will be available inside the 'Console' tab.
The CodePair user interface (UI) is designed to simplify navigation and provide more room for candidates and interviewers to code. CodePair now also comes with a dark theme, an all-time candidate favorite, across the product and improved names of certain features for clarity.