HackerRank CodePair enables both the interviewer(s) and Candidate(s) to communicate, code and collaborate interactively. With an enhanced UI, CodePair is now much easier to use and navigate.
- The enhanced CodePair user interface has a separate tab called 'Interviewer Notes' where the interviewer can write down candidate feedback during the interview, and the same is not visible to the candidate.
- The Run Code button also has the option to 'Run Tests' clicking which will run all test cases, and the output of the same will be shown in the 'Test Output' tab.
- REPL enabled languages Python and Python 3 take real-time input, hence the input can be given in the run output tab directly, and a separate 'Input' tab will not be present. From the image below, it is clear that the input is given in the Run Output tab, and the output is generated in the same tab, instantly. Read more about REPL in CodePair here.
- For all other languages, the input is given in a separate 'Input' tab, as shown below.
- For REPL enabled languages, REPL support will be available inside the 'Run Output' tab and clicking on the 'Run code' button will show the code output inside the 'Run Output' tab.
The CodePair user interface (UI) is designed to simplify navigation and provide more room for candidates and interviewers to code. CodePair now also comes with a dark theme, an all-time candidate favorite, across the product and improved names of certain features for clarity.