Every Question created on the HackerRank for Work platform comes with the Recommended Time to solve the question. For HackerRank Library questions, the Recommended Time is how long it takes the majority of candidates to correctly solve the problem. It is automatically updated.
HackerRank for Work enables you to add and modify the recommended time to solve a particular question during creation, and when editing an existing question. It is mandatory to add the recommended time at the time of question creation. For custom questions i.e questions created by platform users, the Recommended Time remains to be the time originally set when the question was created or a recommended time added by HackerRank. In this article, we will walk you through the steps in adding recommended time to questions in your library.
How to Add Recommended Time to Questions?
- To add Recommended Time to your Company Questions, you must have created a Question.
- Click on the Library tab on the home page, and then click on the Create Question button.
- In the Select Question Type dialog box, select the type of question you wish to create.
- In the Problem Statement editor, specify the Recommended Time to solve the question in the given field, as shown below.
- Once the Recommended Time has been added to a question, it is displayed in the Library along with the Question Name, tags, and more. Shown below is a view of the Library with Questions having their Recommended Time to solve.
- Library Questions can also be sorted according to the Recommended Time to solve them, from the least amount of time to solve to the highest. The Sort By dropdown located at the top right on the Library page can be used to enable this view, as shown below.
Note: Recommended Time is a mandatory field and cannot be left blank while creating or editing a question. All Questions in the HackerRank Library come with a Recommended Time and can be used as a benchmark while you add Recommended Time to your own new Questions.