Evaluation of Projects questions (Front-End, Back-End, Full-Stack and Data Science) allows hiring managers/interviewers to leave structured skill-based feedback for Project submissions alongside the already available candidate score, thereby helping them make better hiring decisions.
You can now rate candidates on various skills that are mapped to the job role as well as provide your feedback and add or modify score to Project questions. While this is an optional step, you can use this to provide structured feedback on skills like code quality, problem-solving and more.
The feedback captured here will later be available inside the recently launched Candidate Packet.
Steps to Evaluate Projects Questions Manually
- User should be logged in to HackerRank for Work and a test should be available with job role mapped to skills and Projects questions in it.
- Open the test with Projects questions that need to be evaluated.
- Go to the Candidates tab and click on the candidate’s name to open their report
- Inside the Report Summary page, an “Evaluate” button will be available, as shown in the below screenshot.
- You can access the same button from the Detailed Report page, under the Projects question.
- Click on the Evaluate button to open the Evaluation page.
- The evaluation page is divided into 3 sections -
- Problem Statement
- Repository and online IDE - Launch the web IDE to view and run the candidate’s solution and check the candidate’s answer against the test cases.
- Scorecard - The scorecard displays the set of skills that are mapped to the job role for which the candidate is being evaluated. You can rate a candidate between a “Strong Yes” and a “Strong No” against each of these skills and write your feedback specific to a particular skill. You can also leave overall feedback based on the candidate’s solution and give a score to the question.
- Once you have completed evaluating the candidate’s solution click on Submit to go back to the Report Summary page.
- In the Detailed tab of Candidate’s report, scroll down to the question that you evaluated. You will be able to view the scorecard along with your complete feedback.
- Click on the Reevaluate button if you want to modify your feedback.
- The signals from the scorecard are later displayed in the skills summary report inside candidate packet of the candidate along with other scorecards and feedbacks of all other tests and CodePair interviews that are candidate has undertaken.
To learn more about candidate packets, click here.
Manual evaluation is possible only to Tests with roles that are mapped to skills and is currently restricted to only one Project type question from the test. Click here to know more about how to get started with skills on HackerRank.