Selecting the right question from the vast library during a live interview could take a lot of time. To create a standardized interview process, it is always better to create a set of interview questions beforehand. All your interviewers can use that during live interview sessions. This article will walk you through the workflow involved in standardizing your interview questions.
The workflow to standardize your interview questions is relatively simple, and it involves two easy steps.
- Build your list of questions to be used in the interview
- Standardize your Interview Library
Build Your Own List of Questions for the Interview
- Login to your HackerRank for Work account as an Interviewer.
- Go to the Library tab click on the "My Company Questions" tab, where you'll find all the questions that you have created. To learn more about how to create questions, click here.
- Click on the question that you would like to approve for the interview.
- Click on the "Edit" option.
- Under "Tags," enter a customized tag you will use to identify the group of questions for the interview session. <eg. Interview>
- Repeat the same steps for all those questions you want to add to the list.
Note: You can also clone existing library questions and follow the steps mentioned above to add them to the list. Click here to learn more about how to clone a question.
- Click on the Settings from the top-right menu of your profile
- Go to the Interview Settings
- In the Restrict Interview Library section, add the custom tag you created above (Interview) to build your list of approved questions for the interview.
- Once you add the custom tag to this section, only those questions that will have the custom tag added will be visible to you during your interview sessions.
As a hiring manager, you can follow the steps mentioned above to standardize your interview questions for the interview.
Once it is done, interviewers from your organization can launch a HackerRank Interview session and access the questions that satisfy the criteria set above.
Interviewer's Access to Interview Questions
- Launch the required HackerRank Interview as an interviewer.
- On the Onboarding Page, click on one of the Question Types or the Question Library option.
- Clicking on Question Types: When you click on one of the question types, the respective code editor is opened. You can import the question from the left pane by clicking on the Import Question button.
- Clicking on the Question Library: When you click on the Question Library option, the opened.
Question Library section will show you the list of Interview questions.
- On performing either one of the options, you will see the list of interview questions. This list will display all the questions that contain the custom tag you created above (E.g., Interview).
- You can choose one question from the list of questions and click on the Use button to import them during your interview.