HackerRank now enables Selenium skill that can be leveraged to assess QA Engineers and Back-End Developers. Before we proceed, to learn how to create, and score questions on the HackerRank library, please see here.
Selenium is an open-source Web UI automation testing framework that supports automation across different browsers, platforms, and programming languages, and provides a domain-specific language, Selenese, to write tests in C#, Groovy, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, and Scala, among others.
Selenium Projects tasks in the HackerRank Library
HackerRank’s Projects questions associated with Selenium skills cover a wide array of topics. Ranging from basic operations to advanced skills, Selenium developers are assessed on competencies such as:
- Broken link detection using Selenium - Broken links may exist due to some kind of server error, which, in turn, causes the corresponding webpages to malfunction and not be displayed. Automated Selenium testing for broken link detection, which requires the collection of all links, verifying the HTTP response code, and so on, is assessed with a Selenium Java question as shown below. In a similar fashion, our Selenium questions are also designed to assess the automated detection of broken iframes, images, anchors.
- Form submission automation - Questions to assess login, registration, and automation testing abilities for form submission on webpages.
- Web Authentication - Question to assess operations such as handling Authentication/Login Popup Window using Selenium WebDriver, implementation of WebAuthenticators, and so on.
- Web Scraping - Questions to set up web-scraping to extract useful data and information, web browser automation, among others.
- Data entry automation - Questions that assess data entry automation skills, including entry into web form from text or database.
- Other common competencies tested using HackerRank Selenium questions include Fundamental Java programming knowledge, knowledge of XPath, CSS, HTML, and DOM.
Note: Validated by our HackerRank's Skills Advisory Council, we also provide the HackerRank Skills Directory which clearly defines the Selenium competencies that can be leveraged while assessing candidates. Please see the key competencies in the Selenium Skills Directory here.