These are roles that you can create for your company from inside the HackerRannk account. Currently, company admins have the ability to create these roles. The roles can be used by all users within the Company. This article will walk you through the steps to create a custom role on HackerRank.
Steps to Create a Custom Role
Here is a quick video to get you started with the role creation workflow.
Or, if you prefer to follow directions, here are the steps for your ready reference.
- You need to be a company admin to create custom roles.
- Log in to the application and access the Roles Management module from the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on the Create Role button.
- In the popup that opens, give a Role name.
Note: Each role name should be unique. If you wish to create another role with the same name, you need to archive or rename the existing one first.
- In the Role Detail screen, add skills from the right panel that matches the role that you are creating. You can add multiple skills in this step.
- Click on the info icon beside each skill to know the skill definition and number of questions present in the library on that skill. Skills are defined keeping the current market dynamics in mind.
- Once the required skills are added, you can publish the role by clicking on the Publish button.
- The only way to modify an already published role is by renaming the same and creating a new one or by archiving the role. HRW allows the renaming of an already published role so that customers can free up role names while creating new ones.
Note: You cannot use a custom role until it is published. And once published you cannot modify the role (add or remove skills, delete a role, etc) further.
Once the Role is published, you can view the same in the Active Roles section of the Roles Management module.
- You can also search for a role by the role name to find it easily among all the active roles.
Archiving a Role
The Roles Management module allows you to archive an existing role. You may want to archive a role for which hiring is no longer required. Or, If you wish to add or remove skills from an existing role that is already published, you may archive the same and create a new one and make modifications there.
In order to archive an already published role, search for the role in the roles dashboard and click on the Archive Role from the vertical ellipsis to the right.
Once a role is archived, you will find it in the Archived Roles tab on the dashboard. You can restore the role from the archived section again if required or create a duplicate of the same role and make necessary modifications.