You can now import Data Science questions into the HackerRank interviews. With this feature, interviewers can assess candidates on skills during live interviews, view their code inside the Interview report, and rerun the same inside the IDE. This article will walk you through the steps to import Data Science project questions in HackerRank Interview.
Note: For importing Front-end, Back-end, and Full-Stack in the HackerRank interview, click here.
Starting a Data Science Interview
- You must have scheduled a HackerRank interview, either by Quick pad or Scheduled Interview. Refer to the article, Methods to setup an Interview, to know more. You can also see here to understand how to schedule an Interview.
As of now, you can conduct the Data Science interviews using two methods:
- Start from scratch: This starts a newPythoninterview with a boilerplate code.
- Importing Data Science Projects from the library
Start from scratch
- Select Start from Scratch on the next page.
- This will launch the IDE with a basic code. You can further build on it based on your requirement.
Import Questions from Library
- Click on the Import Questions from Library option.
- This will open a list of data science questions. Select the desired question from the list and click on the Use button beside it to launch it into the interview screen.
Once the question is selected, it gets imported into the left-hand panel of the screen. You will see the IDE once it loads in the middle section of the screen.
Once the question is ready, you can Invite the candidate to join the Interview. Or admit the candidate who has already logged in to the interview. In any case, you will be prompted to admit the candidate to the interview once they log in. Click on “Admit” to allow the candidate to join the interview.
Import from Tests to Interview
- You can also import Data Science questions from a previous CodeScreen test.
- To import a question from the Candidates test, click on the plus (+) icon on the top.
- On the landing page, hover your mouse on the left pane.
- Here you can see the Candidate’s Test option. Here you can find the questions used in the candidate’s test. Click on Use to launch that question.
Once the IDE loads, you will be able to collaborate with the candidate in real time. You can identify the candidate's work by following the indicator.
- You can also expand the Scorecard panel to evaluate the candidate based on their solution.
Candidate experience during the interview
- Once the interviewer imports a Data Science question during an interview, the candidate can see the question and start solving it when the Jupyter Notebook IDE is loaded successfully.
- The candidate can also see any input from the interviewer in the collaborative experience.
Inside the Interview Report
- As an interviewer, go to “My Interviews” inside the Interview tab of your profile.
- Access the record of the candidate whose report you want to view.
- Click on the View Submission button to view the candidate’s solution.