You can now import Data Science questions inside HackerRank interview during a live interview. With this feature, interviewers will be able to assess candidates on skills during live interviews and view their code inside the Interview report and rerun the same inside the IDE. This article will walk you through the steps to import Data Science project questions in HackerRank Interview.
Note: For importing Front-end Back-end and Full-Stack in the HackerRank interview click here.
Steps to Import From Library
- You must have scheduled an HackerRank interview, either by Quick pad or Scheduled Interview. Refer to the article, Methods to set-up an Interview to know more. You can also see here to know how to schedule an Interview.
Once inside the interview session, click on the + icon and select the Projects option to import Data Science questions from the library.
You will be taken to the Projects tab in the Question selection pop-up. Click on the Import button to select the question that you want to use in the interview.
Once the question is selected, it gets populated in the left-hand panel of the screen. You will see the message “Waiting for candidate to share their screen” in the middle section of the screen.
Import from Tests to Interview
- You can also import Data Science questions from a previous CodeScreen test from the Import dialog box. Click on the + icon inside the interview interface and then select the Import question option. From the Import dialog box that comes next, you can use the Project question in your interview.
- Once the candidate shares their screen, you will be able to view their CodeScreen submission in the middle panel of the screen.
Candidate experience during Interview
- Once the interviewer selects a Data Science question during an interview, the candidate sees the below message on their screen prompting them to allow screen sharing with the interviewer.
- Candidates can also click on the Skip option to skip the screen share and share it via some other video conferencing app.
- As the candidate selects the required option for screen sharing, the online IDE is launched. Once the IDE setup is complete, the candidate can start solving the problem inside the IDE.
- Candidates can also stop screen sharing at any point in time by clicking on the Stop sharing button.
View candidate’s solution in the Interview report
Inside the Interview
Once the candidate shares their screen, as an interviewer, you will be able to view the candidate’s IDE inside the interview.
- You can minimize the screen by clicking on the Minimize button or switch to other question tabs if required.
- You can also expand the Scorecard panel to evaluate the candidate based on their solution.
Inside the Interview report
- As an interviewer, go to “My Interviews” inside the Interview tab of your profile.
- Access the record of the candidate whose report you want to view.
- Click on the View Submission button to view the candidate’s solution.