You can now import Project questions (Front-end, back-end, full-stack, and data science) inside HackerRank interview during a live interview. With this feature, interviewers will be able to assess candidates on skills like React, Angular, Nodes, etc. during live interviews and view their code inside the Interview report and rerun the same inside the IDE.
How to Import Projects Question in HackerRank Interview?
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- You must have scheduled an HackerRank interview, either by Quick pad or Scheduled Interview. Refer to the article, Methods to set-up an Interview to know more. You can also see here to know how to schedule an Interview.
- Click on the Interview tab on the home page and then click +New Interview.
In the displayed dialog box:
- Specify the Candidate's email address.
- Specify the Interview title. (Optional field)
- Tick / untick the checkbox Show Candidate Timeline to Interviewer (This will enable interviewers to access the candidate's report from previous interviews.)
By default, this checkbox is selected, and the interviewer can view all the candidate activities and reports on HackerRank for Work platform.
- Click on the Get Interview Link button.
Once you click on the Get Interview Link button, you will see a "Share link with the candidate to join this interview" dialog box, there, perform one of the following operations:
- Share the invite link with the candidate and interviewer manually.
- Use HackerRank's built-in UI to send an invite to candidates and interviewers along with the invitation link. Refer to Scheduling a HackerRank Interview topic for more information.
- After choosing Get Interview Link the following screen appears to start your interview immediately and send details to your candidate or complete the scheduling details in a future session.
- Click the interview link to begin the interview process.
Once inside the interview session, click on the + icon and select the Projects option to import Project-type questions from the library.
You will be taken to the Projects tab in the Question selection pop-up. Click on the Import button to select the question that you want to use in the interview.
Once the question is selected, it gets populated in the left-hand panel of the screen. You will see the message “Waiting for candidate to share their screen” in the middle section of the screen.
Import a Projects Question from Tests to Interview
You can also import Projects questions from a previous CodeScreen test from the Import dialog. Click on the + icon inside the interview interface and then select the Import question option. From the Import dialog box that comes next, you can use the Project question in your interview.
Once the candidate shares their screen, you will be able to view their CodeScreen submission in the middle panel of the screen.
Candidates Solving Projects Question During Live Interview
Once the interviewer selects a Project type question during an interview, the candidate sees the below message on their screen prompting them to allow screen sharing with the interviewer.
Candidates can also click on the Skip option to skip the screen share and share it via some other video conferencing app.
- As the candidate selects the required option for screen sharing, the online IDE is launched. Once the IDE setup is complete, the candidate can start solving the problem inside the IDE.
- Candidates can also stop screen sharing at any point in time by clicking on the Stop sharing button.
Viewing and Evaluating the Candidates Solution
Inside the Interview
Once the candidate shares their screen, as an interviewer, you will be able to view the candidate’s IDE inside the interview.
- You can minimize the screen by clicking on the Minimize button or switch to other question tabs if required.
- You can also expand the Scorecard panel to evaluate the candidate based on their solution.
Inside the Interview report
- As an interviewer, go to “My Interviews” inside the Interview tab of your profile.
- Access the record of the candidate whose report you want to view.
- Click on the View Submission button to view the candidate’s solution.