You can now import Project questions (Front-end, back-end, full-stack, and data science) inside CodePair during a live interview. With this feature, interviewers will be able to assess candidates on skills like React, Angular, Nodes, etc. during live interviews and view their code inside the CodePair report and rerun the same inside the IDE.
How to access Projects questions inside CodePair?
- You must be logged in to your HackerRank for Work account.
- There are two ways in which you can set up CodePair interviews:
- Quick Pad: Recruiters or Hiring Managers can create a Quick Pad by providing the email address of the candidate. The link for a Quick Pad is immediately generated, and the recruiter or hiring manager can share this link with the interviewer and the candidate by their preferred mode. HackerRank does not send any notifications for Quick Pads. The recruiter or hiring manager has the responsibility to keep all the participants informed about the scheduled time and provide them with the generated links.
- Scheduled Interview: You can schedule a CodePair interview between the candidate and the interviewers. HackerRank sends out email notifications to the candidates as well as the interviewers specifying the details such as the link to the interview, the date, and the time. The interviewers might also receive additional details such as the phone number of the candidate, additional notes, and resume of the candidate if specified by the recruiter.
Refer to Scheduling a CodePair interview topic for more information.
- Click the CodePair tab on the home page and then click +New Interview.
In the displayed dialog box:
- Specify the Candidate's email address.
- Specify the Interview title. (Optional field)
- Tick / untick the checkbox Show Candidate Timeline to Interviewer (This will enable interviewers to access the candidate's report from previous interviews.)
By default, this checkbox is selected, and the interviewer can view all the candidate activities and reports on HackerRank for Work platform.
- Click Get Interview Link.
In the "Share link with the candidate to join this interview" dialog box, perform one of the following operations:
- Share the invite link with the candidate and interviewer manually.
- Use HackerRank's built-in UI to send an invite to candidates and interviewers along with the invitation link. Refer to Scheduling a CodePair interview topic for more information.
- After choosing Get Interview Link the following screen appears to start your interview immediately and send details to your candidate or complete the scheduling details in a future session as noted in with the Scheduling a CodePair interview topic.
- Click the CodePair link to begin the interview process.
Once inside the CodePair session, click on the + icon and select the Projects option to import Project type questions from the library.
You will be taken to the Projects tab in the Question selection pop up. Click on Use Question to select the question that you want to use in the interview.
Once the question is selected, it gets populated in the left-hand panel of the screen. You will see the message “Waiting for candidate to share their screen” in the middle section of the screen.
Import a Projects question from tests to CodePair interview
You can also import Projects questions from a previous CodeScreen test from the Import dialog. Click on the + icon inside the CodePair interface and then select the Import option. From the Import dialog box that comes next, you can use the Project question in your CodePair interview.
Once the candidate shares their screen, you will be able to view their CodeScreen submission in the middle panel of the screen.
How does a candidate answer Projects questions during a live interview?
Once the interviewer selects a Project type question during a CodePair interview, the candidate sees the below message on their screen prompting them to allow screen sharing with the interviewer.
Candidates can also click on the Skip option to skip the screen share and share it via some other video conferencing app.
- As the candidate selects the required option for screen sharing, the online IDE is launched. Once the IDE setup is complete, the candidate can start solving the problem inside the IDE.
- Candidates can also stop screen sharing at any point in time by clicking the stop button as shown in the image below.
How does the interviewer view and evaluate the candidate’s solution to Projects questions?
Once the candidate shares their screen, as an interviewer, you will be able to view the candidate’s IDE inside the CodePair session.
- You can minimize the screen by clicking on the Minimize button or switch to other question tabs if required.
- You can also expand the Scorecard panel to evaluate the candidate based on their solution.
View candidate’s solution to Project questions inside the CodePair report
- As an interviewer, go to “My Interviews” inside the CodePair tab of your profile.
- Access the record of the candidate whose report you want to view.
- Click on View Submission to view the candidate’s solution.