HackerRank Interviews allows the users to choose an audio or video device to call during the interview. With the help of this feature, you can choose any device that is present on your computer directly on the HackerRank Interviews page without going into the browser settings.
Selecting Audio or Video Device During an Interview
- Both the Interviewer and candidate must have permission to use the microphone and/or webcam during the interview.
- During the interview, when you initiate a video call by clicking on the camera icon in the chatbox, it will launch a pop-up window that will ask you to choose devices for webcam, microphone, and speaker.
- When you click on each of the options, a drop-down menu will appear where you can see the devices available on your computer, select one from those.
- Click on the Settings icon in the chat window to change your default device during the interview.
- During the interview, you can move the chat window wherever you want on the interview screen.