We are constantly updating HackerRank for Work with new improvements and fixes. Here is a summary of customer-facing updates we have made from October 7th, 2020, to December 31st, 2020.
Developer Skills Platform
Create Custom Roles
Custom role configuration enables standardization of the hiring process for any role. Customers will now have the ability to pick and choose from the available list of standardized skills to form a role. Once a custom role is created, it can be leveraged in different stages of the hiring process: screen, interviews, and scorecards. Existing roles can be archived or cloned, providing complete control of the system.
QA Engineer (Selenium) Role launched
QA Engineers are often assessed for Selenium skills. The QA Engineer (Selenium) role has been launched along with questions in the library to assess Selenium skills:
- Learn more about the competencies assessed for Selenium skills in the Skills Directory.
- Library questions are available for Projects customers.
- Learn more about assessing Selenium skills on HackerRank: here.
Cloud Engineer Role launched
Assess candidates on skills required for the Cloud Engineer Role.
The following skills can be assessed for a Cloud Engineer:
- Ansible: View hands-on questions.
- Docker: View hands-on questions.
- Kubernetes: View hands-on questions.
- AWS: View MCQs.
- Terraform: View MCQs.
Vue.js Front-End Developer Role launched
The Vue.js Front-End Developer role has been launched along with questions in the library.
Launched a U.S. sourcing offering that will include two virtual career fairs, interview prep, passive sourcing, and contests to help our customers with the sourcing aspect of the developer lifecycle.
WCAG 2.1 “AA” Accessibility in Candidate Experience
Accessibility plays an important part in increasing diversity by providing equal access and opportunity to candidates with disabilities. The candidate test experience is now accessible as per WCAG 2.1 “AA” standards. You can find more about our accessibility experience here.
Tab proctoring notification for candidates
If a test has tab proctoring enabled, candidates will get a warning for the first time they move out of the test tab. This warning keeps the candidate informed that they are being tracked and helps in reducing malpractices. The support article for this feature is here.
Automated scoring for data science questions
We have introduced automatic scoring for data science questions which will help in screening data science candidates at scale.
As part of this update:
- We have added a new section called "Evaluation files" under Step 2 of Data Science question creation.
- Files added under this section will not be available to candidates and will only be used for scoring
- These files will be downloaded under "evaluation_files" within Jupyter and can be referenced inside the hackerrank.yml (used to configure the question) within the project.
Offline/Online IDE setting for Project
We have updated the test configuration for disabling the online IDE to allow any of the following desired configurations:
- Online IDE and Offline workflow
- Only Online IDE
- Only offline workflow
Customers can now choose any configuration that fits their needs. The default configuration is to have both - online & offline IDE workflows.
- We have made few stability and security updates for Projects.
- We have scaled our candidate test experience to support up to 30k concurrent candidates. We can also support up to 50k concurrent candidates for a test on prior notice.
The Virtual Lobby brings added access controls to your interviews and helps you conduct multiple interviews with a candidate in a single interview link. Users can enable virtual lobby from the company’s interview settings. It is off by default.
Virtual Lobby - Candidate Access controls
The Virtual Lobby has the following abilities to control the access of candidates in an interview.
- It prevents candidates from entering the interview without an interviewer’s permission. This helps interviewers set up questions ahead of the interview and not worry about it getting leaked to the candidate ahead of time.
- Interviewers will be able to move the candidate back to the lobby post-interview to review and write feedback peacefully.
Virtual Lobby - Onsite Interviews
The Virtual Lobby also helps you conduct multiple interviews with a candidate with ease.
- Users can now conduct multiple interviews with a candidate using the same interview link. This reduces the recruiting team’s overhead of managing multiple interview links per candidate.
- Users will know the status of the current interview without entering an interview abruptly.
- Users can leave the interview without ending it for all other users. This is very useful when many users are in the same session.
Worldwide Access of HackerRank Interviews
HackerRank Interviews was not supported in countries like China and Ukraine due to firewall restrictions in these countries. Using advanced routing technologies, we are now supporting HackerRank Interviews in all countries.
Network monitor and alerts
We now have a network quality monitor for each participant in an interview. We also notify the participant if their network quality is unstable.
Audio/Video device selection for calls
Users can now choose audio/video devices while making a video/audio call. They can also change their audio or video device while they are on the call.
Image import and free-hand support in diagram questions
The diagram question in HackerRank Interviews now supports importing of files and freehand drawing.
The increased coding area with new top-bar
We have redesigned the top bar providing 9% more space for the editor and whiteboard in HackerRank Interviews.
Candidate Packet - Additional Skills
There is a new section in the Candidate Packet which shows the additional skills a candidate was assessed on. These are skills that are apart from the skills mapped to a role.
Core Enterprise Capabilities
Aligning HRC with Jobseekers
We’re rolling out the new onboarding flow for new users (1% to start with). Idea is to know the users better and get more information about them so as to customize the dashboard experience for them.
Below are the exhaustive steps in Onboarding flow as of now:
Jobseeker vs. Learner
Student vs. Working professional
Graduation year (for students), or
Professional work experience(for professionals)
Skill Based Filters
We have added skill based filters in the practice tracks, for the developers to be able to filter challenges by these.
Retake option for Skill Certifications
We have enabled the ‘Retake’ option for a failed certification test after a cool-off period of 30 days.
New Skill Certification Tests
7 new skill certifications have been added, which takes the overall certification count to 11.
Interview Scorecard Integration with Lever
Interview feedback is a vital part of candidate performance. With the Interview Scorecard integration, all the interview feedback captured in HackerRank during an interview can be sent directly into Lever.
The hiring team can have all the information required while debriefing a candidate.
Job Role Filter in Library
You can now filter the library to a specific job role. Only the skills associated with a role are shown to provide an easier and quicker way to navigate the library.
Skills Filter and Additional Sort functionality
It is now possible to search the list of skills to filter a specific skill from over 55 skills. The library can also be sorted based on “Newest” questions to help pick the most recent question for a Test or an Interview.
Key Data Engineer Skills launched
It is now possible to assess data engineering skills using the below: