The Free Interviews plan enables developers across the world to conduct technical interviews with HackerRank for free. Below are some benefits which you get with the free plan.
- 5 interviews per month
- Free forever
- HackerRank Lobby
- Access to a collaborative code editor built for technical interviews
- Access to 50 content-rich HackerRank Library questions
- Interview reports with code playback
In this article, you will learn how to set up a free interview account for yourself and make the best use of the Interview platform.
Steps to Activate a FREE Interviews Account
- Click on the Start Interviewing button from the below page.
- It will take you directly to the Interviews platform. Before signing up you can take a walk through the Interviews platform as a guest to understand its functionality.
- Once you are ready to begin your interview, you can click the invite button on the top right corner of the page.
- Upon clicking the invite button a pop-up window will appear where you have to enter your official email address and click on continue.
- The next step will be to give your name and password. Upon filling the required fields click on sign up. This will trigger an activation email to your registered email address.
- Now all you have to do is activate your account through the email that you just received.
Inside the Interviews Platform
Inside the interviews page, you will have the below options on the left pane:
- Explore: To explore the different interviewing options available
- Questions: Here you can access the exclusive HackerRank questions that you can use in your interview.
Along with them, you will find the options to invite a candidate, change your settings, and exit the interview from the top navbar.
Key Interview Features
- Collaborative Code Editor: The HackerRank interview interface has a built-in code editor which is built especially for technical interviews and supports more than 40 programming languages. All participants in the interview can use this editor to edit code, provide input, and test code by running it live on the Interview platform. Changes made by the candidates can be monitored in real-time.
- Built-in Whiteboard: Interviews have the whiteboard integrated to help the interviewer evaluate the candidates on their system design capabilities.
- Call and Chat functionality: Interviews have built-in text, voice, and video chat features that help the interviewer and the candidate communicate with each other throughout the interview.
- Proctoring Controls: The tool will automatically detect whenever the candidate leaves the tab and indicates it to the interviewer in real-time.
- Interview Scorecard: The interviewer scorecard is a private scorecard for interviewers to manually evaluate candidate skills during an interview.
- Interview Reports with Code Playback: Once an interview is complete, the report is immediately available. Here the hiring managers can use the code playback feature to recheck answers given by the candidate in the interview and edit the scorecard accordingly.
Here you can create new interviews, access all your previous and upcoming interviews, and view your interview reports.
Creating an Interview
- If you wish to start a new interview, you can do that by clicking on the Create Interview from the interview dashboard to start an interview.
- A pop-up window will appear where you have to fill in the details such as the candidate’s email and interview title and click on Get Interview Link.
- Upon completion of the above steps, you will receive a link that you can share with the candidate for them to join the interview.
- Once your interview is completed, the platform generates the interview report. All these reports are available for future reference from the interview dashboard. You can access them by clicking on the report icon of the desired interview as shown below.
You can learn more about the key features of Interview Reports from here.
On the right pane of the Interviews Dashboard, you can check the number of free interviews you have used. If you have used all your free interviews for the month and wish to interview more, you can subscribe to our interview plan to keep interviewing without any limit.