This article describes how you can send HackerRank Test invites directly from Greenhouse.
- Log in to HackerRank for Work with the same account used to generate the Greenhouse API key.
- Based on the specific job role or technical skills expected in Candidates, create and publish HackerRank Tests required to invite Candidates from Greenhouse.
Alternatively, you can also use the HackerRank Tests, which are shared with your user account. For more information, refer to Sharing a Test.
HackerRank Tests to be used in Greenhouse
- Create email invite templates for sending different Test invites sent from Greenhouse. Alternatively, you can use HackerRank's default email template in Greenhouse.
Creating templates for sending Test email invites from Greenhouse
HackerRank Test Stage in a Greenhouse Job Interview Plan
In Greenhouse, the integration automatically creates a "Hackerrank Test" stage for jobs. When you associate this stage with a job's interview plan and move a Candidate to the "HackerRank Test" stage, a "Send Test" link is automatically available to send the HackerRank Test invitation.
To associate the "HackerRank Test" stage with a Job:
- Open a Job and click on the Job Setup tab.
- Click on the Interview Plan option, and then click +Add a Stage.
- Add the HackerRank Test stage to the job.
Sending HackerRank Test Invites from Greenhouse
- In Greenhouse, open a Candidate profile, click on the Move Stage option and change the Candidate's stage to HackerRank Test.
- Click on the Send Test link displayed under the HackerRank Test stage.
- In the Send Test window:
- Select the required HackerRank Test to which you want to invite the Candidate.
- Select one of the email templates for the chosen format of the invite.
- Select the Greenhouse user who will be assigned the HackerRank Test report for evaluation.
- Click on the Send Test button to send the invite to the Candidate.
- After the Candidate submits the Test, the Test score is updated in the Candidate's profile under the HackerRank Test stage.
- Select the HackerRank Test interview kit to view the Candidate's Test performance report and scores. Click on the View Report option to open the Candidate's detailed performance report in HackerRank for Work.