HackerRank integrates with InteviewPlanner to enable recruiters for initiating and conducting online interviews with Candidates located remotely. The integration allows for a seamless Candidate assessment process in the InteviewPlanner hiring workflow. HackerRank Interview includes an in-built code editor that facilitates a collaborative coding experience for interviewers and their candidates.
This article describes how you can schedule interviews with Candidates in the InteviewPlanner interface using the HackerRank Interview options.
Using InterviewPlanner-HackerRank Integration to Schedule a Candidate Interview
After the admin sets up the integration for InteviewPlanner with HackerRank, recruiters and interviewers can schedule an interview from the InterviewPlanner that gets reflected on the HackerRank for Work platform. Interviewers and Candidates can take up the interview from this HackerRank platform.
This integration allows you to:
- Schedule a HackerRank Interview in InterviewPlanner
- Preview the Scheduled Interview in InterviewPlanner
- Review the Scheduled Interview in HackerRank for Work
- You must have HackerRank for Work and InterviewPlanner user accounts with the same email address.
- You must enable the integration between the two applications.
- You must log in to InterviewPlanner with the same user account used to generate the API key.
Scheduling a HackerRank Interview in InterviewPlanner
- Click the Candidates tab on the left navigation pane to open the Candidate's profile.
- Select the Candidate you want to schedule an interview with and click the Request Availability drop-down.
- Click Schedule. The wizard for scheduling an interview for the candidate is displayed.
- Select the appropriate HackerRank Link check box against the interview option and select the other interview details.
- Next click Interviewers.
- Select the appropriate options for the Interviewers and then click Availability.
- In the Availability step, you can select the conference rooms and time for the interview. Enter the candidate's availability.
- Next click Schedule.
- Select the schedule option you want for the interview with the candidate.
- Next click Events and Emails.
- Enter the specific calendar details for the interview and also set the confirmation Email invite content that you will be sending to the candidate.
Previewing the Scheduled Interview in InterviewPlanner
- After you enter all the interview details, click Review. You can view a preview of the details you have entered to schedule the HackerRank interview. The preview also contains the HackerRank interview link.
- After you review, click Create Schedule to schedule the interview with the selected candidate.
- The interview is scheduled and you can view it on the Candidates tab.
- You can also cancel the scheduled interview for the candidate based on your requirement. Click the Cancel schedule icon on the upper-right of the interview Scheduled screen.
- A prompt message appears to confirm the cancellation. You can either select to cancel or keep the schedule.
Reviewing the Scheduled Interview in HackerRank for Work
- On the Interviews tab in HackeRank for Work platform, you can see the scheduled interview for the candidate.
- As an interviewer, access the interview link and log in to the session with your HackerRank for Work company admin user account. For more information on conducting coding interviews, refer to Conducting a HackerRank Interview.
- The Candidate can log in to the interview by entering the name.
Note: It is recommended to use the latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox browsers for the best experience with HackerRank interviews.