If you are an individual self-serve plan subscriber at the HackerRank and you decide not to use its services for a certain amount of time then you can pause your subscription using the Pause Subscription functionality. This feature allows you to pause your subscription instead of canceling it and gives you the ability to resume it whenever you want to use it again.
The process to pause your subscription is explained below:
Using the Pause Subscription
- Click on the profile icon placed at the top right corner of the page and select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll through the settings page and select the Billing option under the subscription section.
- Now if you click on the Cancel Plan button the UI will prompt you about the new Pause Subscription feature.
- The feature allows you to select the amount of time you want to pause the subscription. The minimum time period is 1 month and the maximum is 12 months.
- After selecting the time period click on Confirm Pause. You will be prompted with a confirmation message along with the dates of pause and automatic resume.
Resuming the Subscription
- If you try to log in during this period you will not be able to use your HackerRank account as your subscription is paused. You will be notified of the same in a popup. You can click on the Resume Early button to visit the billing page and resume your plan.
- It will take you to the billing page where you can click on the Resume Plan button to activate your account again.
- Click on the Confirm button on the following popup to confirm your resuming.
- You will be notified that your subscription is resumed and your HackerRank account is ready to use on your screen.
Extending the Pause Period
- The Pause Subscription feature also allows you to extend your scheduled Pause period.
- When you click on the cancel subscription button during the pause period you can see the Extend Pause button on the popup screen.
- Select the time period on the following screen and click on Confirm Extension.