As a recruiter, you can configure the Test integrity features and enable the options available according to your requirements. HackerRank provides
various options to ensure that Candidates are prevented from cheating while taking Tests and thus maintaining the integrity of the Test.
You can configure the Proctoring and Shuffle settings from the Test Integrity tab.
HackerRank for Work provides the ability to monitor Candidates’ focus on the Test screen while they are attempting Tests, referred to as Proctoring. Through proctoring, recruiters can assess their Candidates’ authenticity and note any suspicious activities or malpractices during the Test.
You can Proctor the remote assessments in HackerRank. HackerRank provides 4 types of proctoring options.
- Copy/Paste proctoring: This will help you monitor if the candidate is pasting the code from other sources, including the detection of copy-pasted code from ChatGPT.
- Want to learn more about our AI-Powered Plagiarism Detection?
- Tab Proctoring: This feature will help you monitor if the candidate switches between tabs during the test.
- Photo Identification: With the help of this feature, you can make sure that the correct candidate is taking the test.
- Image Proctoring: With this feature, you can monitor the candidate during the test with the help of a webcam.
Note: You can enable the Photo Identification or Proctoring option, not both.
You can enable these features in the Test Integrity settings by scrolling down the page and clicking the toggle switch to enable the desired proctoring option under the Proctoring section. Once selected, click Save Changes to enable the proctoring for your test.
Proctoring the Tests
Learn more about Proctoring HackerRank Tests here.
Note: When proctoring is enabled, the Candidates will not be able to see any change. They will be able to utilize features like autocomplete and linting, and so on.
Configuring Shuffle Settings
The Shuffle Settings allow users to shuffle questions. This is to ensure that the questions are shuffled so that Candidates are not presented with the same order of questions. This prevents Candidates who are taking the same test from collaborating and perform cheating. Thus maintaining the integrity of the Tests.
The Shuffle Questions option allows the Candidates to view questions in random order.
The Questions tab that contains all the Question settings redirects to this option for shuffling the Questions.
The Hide Question Title lets you disallow candidates from using a question title as a prompt on search engines to find answers to screening questions.
While the actual question tiles are hidden from the candidates, it will be replaced with a generic title like Question 01, Question 02 etc.