HackerRank's Tests integrate with Ashby to facilitate a seamless and efficient candidate screening process for recruiters. As part of their interview workflow, Ashby users can directly send HackerRank Test invites to candidates and obtain the Test report for further evaluation.
This article provides you with detailed configuration steps on HackerRank and Ashby.
- Configuring Ashby Integration with HackerRank
|In HackerRank for Work
Example: If the email address in HackerRank for Work is firstname.lastname@example.org, the Ashby user account must also include the same email address.
Configuring Ashby Integration with HackerRank
When configuring the Ashby integration with HackerRank for the first time, the administrator generates an API key. The administrator must keep a record of this API key for further use.
Generating an API Key from HackerRank
- Log in to HackerRank for Work with the Company Admin user account.
- On the home page, click the drop-down next to the user icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Click Settings.
- Go to Integration and click Configure on the Ashby option.
- On the Integration Setup page, click Generate API Token.
A unique API Key is displayed.
- Copy this key. You need to add this key to the Ashby account to establish the integration.
Note: Ensure to store the API key safely. Once the popup is closed, you cannot retrieve the key again.
Adding the API Key in Ashby
- Log in to Ashby, and click Integrations.
- Search and click the HackerRank tile.
- The HackerRank pane opens on the right. Click Enable HackerRank.
- Add the Ashby API key.
- Test whether the API is correct by clicking the Test API key icon.
- Now add the HackerRank API key that you generated from the HackerRank for Work platform.
- Select the integration partner as HackerRank from the drop-down.
- Click Create API Key. The API key is created, and the integration is enabled.
- To check the integration, go to Ashby API > API Keys. The integration with HackerRank is displayed as Active.
Note: The email ID that you have used with your Ashby account should be the same as the email ID associated with your HackerRank account for the integration to work seamlessly.