After the Ashby - HackerRank Integration is done, users can leverage this integration to send assessments to the candidates.
This article describes how you can send HackerRank Test invites from Ashby and view the candidates reports.
- Sending HackerRank Test Invites from the Ashby Platform
- Review Candidate's Test Scores in Ashby
Sending HackerRank Test Invites from Ashby
After you have configured the integration with HackerRank for Work, you can send Test invites from Ashby for the candidates to take up the HackerRank Assesments.
- Click the Customize Interviews drop-down on the left pane.
- Click Interview Plans > Job Interview Plans.
- Select the required interview plan for the role. For example, Backend Engineer. The Standard Interview Plan pane is displayed on the right.
- Click View Job beside the name of the interview plan. Note that each job has a default interview plan. This plan defines the interview stages for candidates that are added to the job. The Interview Plans page opens in a new window.
- Select the appropriate stage in this plan. For example, Recruiter Screen.
- Click Activity. The Add Activity pane opens on the right.
- Click HackerRank in the integrations and then select the Assessment Type that you have created in HackerRank. Note that the tests you have created in HackerRank for the Ashby users are displayed in the drop-down.
- Click Add to add the assessment you have selected. You can also add a reviewer for the test.
- Now create a new candidate or add the test to an existing candidate.
- Click Add Candidate and add all the details of the candidate.
- Click Next.
- Select the role of the job, interview plan, and the Interview stage of the candidate.
- Click Add to Job.
- Select the interview stage and click New activity.
- Add the HackerRank Assessment and select the test that has been created in HackerRank for the assessment type.
- Add activity. The HackerRank Assessment is displayed.
Starting the HackerRank Test from Ashby
- You can start the assessment by clicking Start the Assessment.
An email is sent to the candidate's account.
The candidate must click Start Test to start the test. The candidate is redirected to the HackerRank platform login.
After a candidate completes the test, the Test status is updated on HackerRank.
The Recruiter can view the reports of the candidate's assessments on HackerRank.
Once the candidate completes the assessment, HackerRank sends their HackerRank test scores to Ashby.
- At this stage, HackerRank checks the answers submitted by the candidate, checks for plagiarism, and prepares reports.
- Once the report is prepared, the same is published back to Ashby.
- The Status column of the Assessment line item gets updated as one of the following values to match values with HackerRank:
- HackerRank Completed - Evaluation Required
- HackerRank Completed - Qualified
- HackerRank Completed - Failed
Note: For a particular coding challenge in HackerRank, if the cut-off score is set, and if a candidate crosses the cut-off value, their status gets updated to HackerRank Completed - Qualified in Ashby. Similarly, if a candidate fails to cross the cut-off, their assessment status gets updated to HackerRank Completed - Failed. For all the other cases where the hiring manager’s evaluation is required, the status gets updated to HackerRank Completed - Evaluation Required.
- Recruiters can click on the Report URL from Ashby and access the candidate’s report that is hosted on HackerRank.