As a Recruiter, you can schedule an interview between candidates and interviewers. You can instantaneously create an interview link and get started with an Interview or schedule an Interview at an appropriate time with a candidate.
HackerRank sends out email notifications to candidates and interviewers specifying the interview details. The Email notifications include a link to start the interview session.
Creating an Interview Instantaneously
- Click on the Interviews tab on the home page and click Create Interview.
- A New interview is displayed with a link. At this point, you can start an interview instantaneously by clicking the link.
- Share the interview link with the candidate by copying the link.
- You can add more details about the Interview by clicking on the New interview row. An Interview Details window appears.
- You can add more information about the Interview and schedule the Interview at an appropriate time.
Adding More Details to the Interview
- You can specify the Interviewer's name, Candidate's email address, and more information in the Interview Details window.
- Click View More to expand the additional details and provide details such as Candidate's name, and phone, and attach the Candidate's resume.
- Select an Interview Template that you have created in Interviews. For more information about creating Interview Templates, see Standardizing Interviews Using Templates. This template will be used for Scorecard and questions you want to include in your Interview.
- Click More Details to provide a valid Interview title, tags, and role.
- Enable the Show candidate timeline to the interviewer toggle to allow interviewers to access the candidate's report from previous interviews.
- You can either click Invite Participants to continue scheduling the Interview at a specific time or click Save without inviting to save the Interview details. You can invite the Candidates later.
Scheduling an Interview at a Specific Time
- You can schedule an Interview at a specified time by adding candidate details, such as Candidate and Interviewer details.
- Click Add Details on the Interview Details window.
- When you click Invite Participants, the Interview schedule window is displayed.
- Select a specific date, time, duration, and time zone.
- You can also add email notes. Email notes are sent out to the Interviewer along with the invite. Candidates will not see these notes.
- Click Save and Send Email to send the invite mail to the candidates. An interview is created, and the email is sent to the Candidate.
Note: If you schedule the interview for a candidate who has already taken tests, the Role field will auto-populate with the role for which the candidate attempted the tests.