Recruiters can schedule an interview between interviewers and candidates. There are two ways in which you can set up the Interviews. This article will take you through the methods to set up and start an interview.
Note: To understand the Interviews platform, you can try out a sample interview as an interviewer using this link. You can also share the sample interview link with candidates to familiarize them with the platform before an interview. For candidates, you can share this link with them https://hr.gs/sampleint.
Methods to Set up Interviews
You can set up Interviews in two ways:
Quick Pad Interviews
Recruiters can create a quick pad by clicking Create Interview. The link for a quick pad is immediately generated, and the recruiter can share this link with the interviewer and the candidate in their preferred mode.
HackerRank does not send any notifications for quick pads. The recruiter is responsible for informing all participants about the scheduled time and providing them with the generated links. Once the link is shared, the candidates can join HackerRank's lobby to wait until the interviewer admits them to the interview.
You can schedule an interview between the candidate and the interviewers. HackerRank sends out email notifications to the candidates and the interviewers specifying the details, such as the link to the interview, date, the time, and so on. The interviewers might also receive additional information, such as the phone number of the candidate, additional notes, and the candidate's resume if specified by the creator of the interview. Refer to the Creating an Interview article for more information.
Joining the Interview as an Interviewer
When you initiate an Interview, you will be redirected to the Log In page of the Interview.
- Click Log In to begin the interview.
- After you log in, you can see the Interview landing page. Here you can import questions using the specific question tiles and Question Library.
Joining the Interview as a Candidate
- When a candidate joins the interview with the given link, the candidate will be asked to provide the name.
- Once the candidate enters the name and joins the Interview, the HackerRank's lobby is displayed.
- The Interviewer will be notified that the candidate is waiting in the lobby.
- The interviewer can Admit the candidate by clicking Admit.