Integration Logs have been incorporated into the HackerRank experience to allow users to view a record of integration activity between HackerRank and the ATS. The Integration Logs are helpful in troubleshooting integration issues. These Logs are added to the Integrations tab of the Logs page. This provides transparency, and users can inspect and debug the logs with ease.
You can also retrieve logs by applying filters such as date, status, and Request methods.
You will be able to get log results for a custom date range for any ATS integrated with your HackerRank instance and download a report in CSV format.
Note: HackerRank displays logs only for the API calls that are made to the endpoints listed in https://www.hackerrank.com/work/apidocs
Accessing Integration Logs
- You must log in as a Company Admin user to access the Integration logs.
To access the Integration Logs:
- In the HackerRank home page, click the profile icon on the top-right corner and click Settings.
On the left pane, click Logs. The Integration and Audit tabs are displayed.
- Here, you will be able to view the integration logs for the different ATS. To view the log of an ATS, select an ATS.
- The logs are displayed based on the ATS selected. Note that only those ATS are displayed that have been integrated with HackerRank, recently.
- You can also search the logs by recruiter email. This is displayed in the details of a log.
- You can view the following information from the logs:
- Timestamp: The time when the log is captured.
Status: The status of the API call. The values are:
Request Method: The method used for the API call. The values are:
- URL Pattern: The URL of the API call. For example, in /x/api/v3/ats/codescreen, the API call used is for Tests.
Viewing an Integration Log
To view the details of an integration log:
- Click on an individual log.
- The details of the log are displayed.
- Each log has these details:
- Company ID: Identification of the Company
- Recruiter Email: Email of the Recruiter
- Admin Email: Email of the Admin
- User Email: Email of the User
- Authenticated: Authentication status
- Status Code: Status code of the API
- URL: URL of the API call
- Request UID:
- Application Name: Name of the ATS
Applying Filters to Retrieve Logs
You can apply filters to retrieve the logs based on the time and date range, status, and API methods.
To apply filters to the Integration logs:
- Click on the filter icon.
- Now select the appropriate filter based on your requirements.
- You can also clear the filter applied.
Filter By Date
- Click the Date drop-down to apply the date filter.
- You can filter the logs based on All Time logs, other time ranges, and a custom range.
Note: The logs are displayed only for the last 30 days.
Filter By Status
- Click the Status drop-down to apply the Status filter.
- You can filter the logs based on the Success, Error, and other status of the API calls.
Filter By Request Method
- Click the Request Method drop-down to apply the Request Method filter.
- You can filter the logs based on the Request Methods: POST, GET, PUT, or DELETE, which are used for the API calls.
Download the Logs
You can download the logs in a CSV format. You can easily save, share, or archive your integration activities for reference or further analysis.
To download the logs:
- Click the download icon on the top.
- This will download only the logs displayed on the current page in a CSV file format.