HackerRank Interviews integrates with Workday to schedule Interviews to assess candidates' coding skills for different job requisitions without leaving the Workday platform. Once done, their score and performance data are automatically available in Workday for further evaluation.
This article describes the integration steps to schedule HackerRank Interviews with candidates from Workday, publish results from HackerRank Interviews to Workday, and Frequently Asked Questions.
Schedule HackerRank Interviews with Candidates from Workday
|In HackerRank for Work
Schedule Interviews on Workday
Schedule the Interview:
- Launch the Workday application and select the candidate you want to Interview with.
- The candidate page is displayed that contains all its job applications about the candidate.
- Click the Actions drop-down and select Move Candidate.
- Click Move Forward on the Move Candidate page and select Interview/Additional Interview.
- Click OK. The Schedule window is displayed.
- Click Schedule to schedule the Interview with the Candidate.
Sign In to the HackerRank Account:
- Before you generate the Interview link, ensure that you are signed in to the HackerRank account.
- Click Sign In.
Generate the Interview Link:
- Select the Include Web Conference Link check box. Note that this option will be available only if you sign in to Workday with your Recruiter account.
- Select the other fields required for your setup, and click Next.
- The Schedule Interview page is displayed with the Interviewer's information.
- Review the time by clicking on the Interviewer information.
- Click Schedule. The Schedule Interview dialogue is displayed.
- Click OK.
- Once the timings are updated, click Next. The Proposed Interview Schedule page is displayed to confirm the Interview details.
- Click Confirm.
- The Interview link is generated as the Web Conference Link.
- After verifying the Email body message and other details, click Submit.
- The Interview is scheduled for the candidate.
View the Interview Scorecard on Workday
After the Interview is completed between the candidate and the Interviewer, the Scorecard is synced back to Workday.
Update the Scorecard on HackerRank:
- Select the Candidate and click the Interview tab. The details of the Interview taken by the candidate are displayed.
- The status shows as pending because the Scorecard is not yet updated on the HackerRank platorm.
- Update the candidate scorecard on the HackerRank platform:
- You must also update the Status by clicking the thumb icon.
Note: Add the status once you have specified your final feedback. When the status and feedback are available, it will be synced to Workday, and this can no longer be updated on Workday.
Scorecard reflected back to Workday:
- Similarly, if the other Interviewer also updates the Scorecard, the status is updated on Workday.
- If multiple interviewers are involved and they add the scorecard in HackerRank at different times, it is recommended that a unanimous thumbs up/down is provided once all interviewers have given their feedback. However, if an Interviewer adds feedback after the thumbs is approved, you must refresh the report to sync the feedback to Workday.
Note: HackerRank is continually making improvements. This functionality, too, will be improved in future releases.
- Click on the Feedback Submitted column. The feedback is displayed. The overall rating field contains the thumbs up or thumbs down value mapped to an interview rating in your tenant. The overall comment contains the link to the interview report along with the Interviewer's feedback.
The Interviewers can then decide about the candidate's performance and move the candidate ahead.